Cabela's in Cheek.

hunter49

In response to a couple comments, and perhaps what everyone is overlooking......who cares what the actual store has!!  Shop online at cabelas.com for their entire inventory!  They ship it to the store for free and you pick it up.

I couldn't honestly care less how big the store is or what their selection / pricing is like.  I order from cabelas all the time and this will save me a crap ton of money on shipping costs alone!

And yes, good bye Gander Mountain.  The only reason they have 10 customers left is because there is no other choice.  I have had so many bad experiences with that place (not to mention what a pain in the @#@$ that location is tryign to get in and out of).

• Like 1

In response to a couple comments, and perhaps what everyone is overlooking......who cares what the actual store has!!  Shop online at cabelas.com for their entire inventory!  They ship it to the store for free and you pick it up.

I couldn't honestly care less how big the store is or what their selection / pricing is like.  I order from cabelas all the time and this will save me a crap ton of money on shipping costs alone!

And yes, good bye Gander Mountain.  The only reason they have 10 customers left is because there is no other choice.  I have had so many bad experiences with that place (not to mention what a pain in the @#@$ that location is tryign to get in and out of).

except for now you pay tax...

You are paying tax anyway if you go to the store.  That's what it was in reference to.  People were complaining about the selection and size of the store.  But, in fact, the size of the store is irrelevant because you can shop online at EVERY item they have and make it available at that store.

And LEGALLY (but who actually reports in anyway), you are supposed to claim that tax amount when you file each year......there is no such thing as "no tax."

as much as that sucks, at least now NY is getting some sales tax revenue....if we all spent more money at local stores instead of sending our money elsewhere the state would be in better shape, as much as people don't like the sound of that, if you live here spend local......I'm guilty as the next, I spend a fortune every year on internet purchases with no money coming to my home state from them.

as much as that sucks, at least now NY is getting some sales tax revenue....if we all spent more money at local stores instead of sending our money elsewhere the state would be in better shape, as much as people don't like the sound of that, if you live here spend local......I'm guilty as the next, I spend a fortune every year on internet purchases with no money coming to my home state from them.

I think spending money elsewhere is exactly what this state deserves. You tax and tax and tax and expect us to just take it? Excluding downstate the state has been shrinking in jobs and the cost of living keeps going up. Similar to the safe act, if we don't protest somehow they'll just keep giving it to us without the lube.

• Like 1

Went back this afternoon and spent several hours in the store. Found out I missed Mark and Terry Drury, who were at the store this past Saturday. Kinda still bummed out on that one. Got a nice look at some of their recurve bows they have in stock. Cabelas bucks may just go on one. Snapped some pics on some beautiful mounts they have. Had some good discussions with a few employees.

Muzzleloader and crossbow weekend, Saturday, August 16th. Small mouth fishing, Coleman ATV's, Sunday, August 17th.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

For a Monday evening, the place was packed. Had a little trouble finding a parking space. Thought it would be slow, yeah right. Ended up parking near the Cabelas tractor. Yes friends that's right, a Korean tractor made for Cabelas. They had seven of them. In green and camo, of coarse.

I got a kick out of first time Cabelas customers having some issues with the mounts. A few turned around and left.

They had several items that had spots, but were out of stock. The knife section looked like a ghost town. High prices on some. Several clerks told me I could order on line, and have it shipped to the store free. Just pay the sales tax.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Have the crowds died down? I just want to see the store and take my time w/o the feel of last minute xmas shopping.

I stopped yesterday afternoon between jobs/estimates as I conveniently had time to kill.......... B)   

The parking lot was darned near full but there was plenty of room in the store to shop.  I snagged a new pair of microtex pants, a cheap fleece camo blanket and some.................fudge.  The blanket will stay in my p/u as the wife is always cold when I'm running the a/c. :angry:

Plan on an hour at least to get a real good look at things. 

Bring your motorcycle so you can't bring much home.............. :bye: