New stand I built!

First-light

This is in one of the most traveled areas of big bucks during rut. Right between bedding and food. They travel through here so often. 

I made this stand so i could have two people in it. Adult and child. Mentoring the young ones is so special. "rock and Roll ave"!

IMG_5691.jpeg

IMG_5692.jpeg

IMG_5690.jpeg

IMG_5693.jpeg

• Like 5

Windows are a good height for bow hunting. Nice width for drawback of bow. Windows flip up at out of the way.  Shed roof, easy to build, yet effective. Stairway for easy access.  Great shelter. 

We painted the inside of ours black; wear dark clothing and you blend right in. Almost can do a dance inside without being noticed.  I added plexiglass windows which sure help when the cold winds a blowing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Windows are a good height for bow hunting. Nice width for drawback of bow. Windows flip up at out of the way.  Shed roof, easy to build, yet effective. Stairway for easy access.  Great shelter. 

We painted the inside of ours black; wear dark clothing and you blend right in. Almost can do a dance inside without being noticed.  I added plexiglass windows which sure help when the cold winds a blowing.

Great idea painting the inside black. Those wood windows fold down. I'm waiting for the head custodian where I work to come through with plexiglass. He said they have it somewhere from covid. Then I'll put in the windows with it. Fun to build but I did take off all the boards and marked them. Just didnt feel comfy with the whole structure on the bucket of tractor. Couple of 2x6 and a 5000k strap did the trick! Thank you. 

13 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Very nice stand! I can just picture myself falling asleep in there. lol

Ha-ha-ha-.....That could be a problem with the excessive comfort. But it might be worth it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, First-light said:

Great idea painting the inside black. Those wood windows fold down. I'm waiting for the head custodian where I work to come through with plexiglass. He said they have it somewhere from covid. Then I'll put in the windows with it. Fun to build but I did take off all the boards and marked them. Just didnt feel comfy with the whole structure on the bucket of tractor. Couple of 2x6 and a 5000k strap did the trick! Thank you. 

I made ours so the roof comes off, side walls dismantle from the base. Everything is bolted together: just in case I didn't have the machinery to handle in the future. Pull up beside with a hay wagon, take apart .

We also added a thick rubber mat to the floor , which greatly reduces the noise. Only thing is wet rubber boots squeak.

• Like 2

Carpet, old office chairs, insulation and a buddy heater hooked up to a 20 pound tank for all day comfort. You and any youth you take out will be spoiled. I do not regret building mine at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

I tried a piece of carpet to put my feet on the first year out. It attracted rodents. Went with the rubber mat. Also might add some insulating value to the floor.

Also sealed the cracks better, between the boards.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
Always spelling

8 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Also sealed the cracks better, between the boards.

I closed myself in and srayed all the light coming in. I'll do it agin at some time. I'm thinking rubber matt for the floor!

I suggest some type of window shutters to keep the ice and snow from building up around the outside of your shooting ports.

Had a friend who had plexi windows that froze shut and made a lot of noise when opening after a storm.

SJC 

• Like 1