Wonder how long before we see these used?

Culvercreek hunt club

I know people already using them to survey and scout their land. A friend has the GPS coordinates of his trail cams and his drone flies a pre programmed route to each trail cam and returns to him. It takes five trips since the battery only lasts 12 mins in warm weather.

Instead of driving deer what if they helped keep trespassers off your land?

I know people already using them to survey and scout their land. A friend has the GPS coordinates of his trail cams and his drone flies a pre programmed route to each trail cam and returns to him. It takes five trips since the battery only lasts 12 mins in warm weather.

Instead of driving deer what if they helped keep trespassers off your land?

Is he able to download the pics off the cameras to it? this one says 22 minutes fly time.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I plan to use some drones next year to verify whether forum members actually unload their weapons and leave their stands before legal shooting time ends.  LOL

Phade will use one to spy on Doc.  He's got to be using a treestand at least some of the time!  LOL

Paula will send one over Bubba's cabin.  She likes Bubba and wants to get a look at him from all different angles.  LOL

Pygmy will send one over Growalot's property.  Pygmy can chime in on the reasons why. LOL

• Like 7

Ha-ha..... $400 - $600 is chicken feed compared to what guys are willing to spend to get a deer these days. Heck that's the price of a cheap bow these days. There really is no limit as to what hunters will spend to get the best buck money can buy.

• Like 1

I would rather play with 4-stroke Hemi-Head internal combustion engines on fixed wing 9' span R/C aircraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdmLu13UJzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xaiAR8Yelc

Much more effective for driving deer than some little electric gizmo. A lot bigger & a lot more noise.  ;)

Rascal110_zps2aa4dd26.jpg

And yeah, that's my voice in the videos (not me in the still) & you can see my deer hunting spot across the road during some scenes in the vids.

Edited by wildcat junkie

Not sure how effective one might be for use at driving deer in  wooded areas but I think they would make very effective/ desirable  targets….LOL!  Kind of like blasting a big wad of $100 bills out of the sky. …Not that people would do that…….

Not sure how effective one might be for use at driving deer in  wooded areas but I think they would make very effective/ desirable  targets….LOL!  Kind of like blasting a big wad of $100 bills out of the sky. …Not that people would do that…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yJ92ZtAJM

Not sure how effective one might be for use at driving deer in wooded areas but I think they would make very effective/ desirable targets….LOL! Kind of like blasting a big wad of $100 bills out of the sky. …Not that people would do that…….

Oh yes they would....

I am actually looking to buy one to dink around with. I like the one originally posted, but Id like to have one with a vertical cam. Not for finding deer, but I think it would come in handy for scouting. You could check out trails, bedding, etc without ever setting foot in the area. Might be useful when trying to recover a deer too.

I've been into R/C fixed wing aircraft off & on for about 17 years. The development of reliable electric power & more recently, Go-Pro type compact video cameras has led to inexpensive "Quad Copters" that can be flown beyond line of sight.  The camera must also be used for visual referance & it might still let you get disoriented when the aircraft is out of your vision.

While the Quad Copters are the easiest aircraft to fly, traditional Helicopters are by far the most difficult. Fixed wings are somewhere in between. I've never flown anything but fixed wing.

2 things are going to limit the range, battery life, which is still pretty limited & radio range. Radio range will vary with thick foliage & terrain.

Wouldn't mind owning one,but if one flys over me while I'm on my property Its a good chance it's not making it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are FAA rules about overflying others & invasion of privacy. There have already been some pretty bad behavior.

As usual, some a$$holes will push the envelope.

Using one of these for POV piloting (out of sight using a camera to pilot) would be difficult & take some time to master.

You can get cheap little versions & by investing as little as possible in a camera for POV piloting, you could have a "trainer" W/O risking a large sum of $$$ for the inevitable mishaps during the learning cuve.

For fixed wing line of sight (LOS) training an umbilical cord between 2 radios is used so that an instructor can take control as needed.

Quad coptors are so easy to fly LOS, the instructor can be pretty much eliminated but it still has to be learned in steps. POV piloting should probably be learned in an open area in case of disorientation which will be inevetible at 1st. You could revert to LOS to get your bearings.

I don't think an R/C aircraft of any kind could be considered a "drone" if it is flown LOS. Once POV piloting is involved, then any R/C aircraft would be considered a drone.

I really want to get one for scouting and recovery purposes. Trails, beds, escape routes, etc.

I've heard of stories of guys renting helicopters to go after big bucks that they had shot but not recovered. I forget the rich guy that xbow hunts in Ohio and shot one marginally, and then rented a heli and found it right away in a swale field dead. Said he likely wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Some people will complain about it, but whatever. Change is hard for some people.