Butter or Margarine? (No Joke)

Lawdwaz

Butter, margarine is actually bad for you from what I hear and I also use olive oil

Over the last 65 years I have heard of many things that are bad for me. Unfortunately, I enjoy most of them..<<sigh>>..

Defintion of the "Heart Healthy" diet...If it tastes GOOD, spit it out...

• Like 1

I cook with olive oil. We use real butter when food calls for butter. Din's how many gallons of Syrup do you bottle? ( on average)

I just do 5 to 7 gal. for kicks.....depends on year and if I have time.

Friend was doing about 100-120 and we ran tubing at my place to get his tap count up. But he sold most of his equipment and is back to a hobby size. 

There's roughly 310+/- taps here split into sections, so I just drill what I want last couple years for my own use. Just gravity, no vacuum pump.

• Like 1

Small doses of butter is healthier than margarine

Tried all the substitutes (per/Dr. advice) then found that real butter was better for the cholesterol levels after all.   The margarine & subs. don't break down  like real butter does.  Yrs. back "Don't eat eggs!" scare  now all is good & should eat some a couple times a wk.  Studies well drive us all nuts!

• Like 1

Ever since I can remember my relatives used real butter and after 73 years I am still here and as I said before Just had a complete blood test and my cholesterol level is just fine, been using unsalted for quite awhile.

I just tap the sugar maples for a hobby just a couple gallons for my friends and my self.

• Like 1