Feel the need to be out there

Borngeechee

Biz, aren't you getting married this coming Spring/Summer?  I can guarantee you that your hang out days are quickly coming to an end!!

We've lived together for a couple of years already. Not much will change. We all go out to dinner with a few other couples and the same routine almost always happens. After a few bottles of wine at dinner, the guys are ready to party and the girls are ready for bed. So the girls go home around midnight and the guys stay out.

We've lived together for a couple of years already. Not much will change. We all go out to dinner with a few other couples and the same routine almost always happens. After a few bottles of wine at dinner, the guys are ready to party and the girls are ready for bed. So the girls go home around midnight and the guys stay out.

I hope you are right, but things change once you are married and also with age.  The couples you are hanging out with now, will be having kids, maybe you guys will too, and the partying will be over for sure.  Also for many women, the standards change for what they expect from a husband in comparison to what they expected from a boyfriend/fiance(and this is NOT a bad thing).  If and when you might have kids the standards will DEFINITELY change.  You won't be out until 4 AM very often while she is home with the kids.  Very few women will live with that for the long term.

I don't think I could handle many more 4am nights regardless. My attention will turn to daytime BBQ's/Parties/Drinking. I'm not sure how old you are? but my generation and even people a few years older than me are big into entertaining even with kids. There are parties to attend almost every weekend to fit in around golf, fishing, kids sports, etc.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I don't think I could handle many more 4am nights regardless. My attention will turn to daytime BBQ's/Parties/Drinking. I'm not sure how old you are? but my generation and even people a few years older than me are big into entertaining even with kids. There are parties to attend almost every weekend to fit in around golf, fishing, kids sports, etc.

True, some people do continue partying with kids, but I know it gets old real fast for many people.  With school, homework, after-school activities during the week, along with the parents day jobs, most parents these days are pretty worn out by the weekend.  I myself enjoy spending time with the wife and kids, but ask me to go to a party or throw one and I start losing interest real fast.

Biz is a crazy guy!Life wont change much?What was your's is now our's all your friend's is now our's your free time is no longer your's You my friend will become the next top 20 on the countrymusic hitl list.Lol

Yeah, the song will go like this "He was at the bar crying in his beer, and on the way home he ran over a deer, and when he got home his honey kicked him out on his rear!" LOL

• Like 1

I'm sorry that some of your guys lives have drastically changed with marriage. Considering we already live together for years, share $, have the same groups of friends, etc. the wedding is essentially just a party and a name change for her.

I'm sorry that some of your guys lives have drastically changed with marriage. Considering we already live together for years, share $, have the same groups of friends, etc. the wedding is essentially just a party and a name change for her.

Just messing with ya.I myself still not married but feel as though I am.Being in my relationship for 8 years time's and the thing's we do or did change,I cannot comment on the being a Dad/parent except I have seen many of my sibling's go through Heck in new relationship's.Goodluck to you and your wife to be

• Like 1

I honestly wish you guys lots of luck and happiness, but once you are legally married things are never as simple as before you were married.  Actually statistics show that those who lived together before marriage have a higher rate of divorce than those who didn't.  Again, not wishing you guys any bad luck, but if things were as simple as before marriage, I'd think those couples who have lived together for a while would have continued to be together for good, which doesn't seem to be the case.  Some of us are just pointing out the things we have experienced being married, and mean no ill will.

On a lighter note, when a single guy tells me he is about to get married, I always make it a point to go up to him and put a tape measure to his neck as if I were taking a measurement.  Most guys ask me what am I doing, and I tell them that I am taking a measurement for the ball and chain that will soon be attached to it.   LOL

I thought that once, too. Thankfully wife #2 is much better. A kid definitely impacts things as noted. Don't be naive that things won't change though. It doesn't change overnight...it's a slow gradual change and suddenly it hits you like a ton of bricks one day that life is vehemently different. Not a bad thing, just a thing.

When I was 16, I thought I knew everything. When I turned 18, I realized I didn't know anything at 16, but I sure knew everything now at 18. When I turned 21, I realized I was dumb at 18, but thankfully knew it all at 21. When I turned 25, I realized I was really ignorant at 21, but finally a matured adult at 25. When I turned 30, I realized I didn't have my act together at 25, but had a sound situation at 30. I am 33 now, and realize just how far I have come from 30....See the pattern? Damn near every guy goes through it, whether they admit it or not.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

It is kind of unique store. It's not one that you just go into and wander around for a few minutes and leave. It used to be a big old Walmart before they built the new super store. I kind of describe it as being a Tractor Supply and Lowes on steroids. Nothing amazing about the prices one way or the other, but the merchandise selection is almost a one-stop-shopping experience.

By the way, they are my main supplier of licorice.

I saw a few elderly men in the store I was tempted to ask each one if they were called Doc ..... lol

I was impressed that they had reloading supplies and guns in the store . Not too bad of a selection .

Just take a glance over at the candy section. If you see a guy with a face full of whiskers, drooling over the bags of licorice, that's probably me. Or some guy staggering under the weight of an arm full of bags of licorice that probably is me. I have a hell of a licorice addiction.

Just take a glance over at the candy section. If you see a guy with a face full of whiskers, drooling over the bags of licorice, that's probably me. Or some guy staggering under the weight of an arm full of bags of licorice that probably is me. I have a hell of a licorice addiction.

The black anise based stuff? Or the cherry, strawberry, etc.?

My grandparents and great grandparents love the anise flavor and I can't wrap my head around it. That stuff tastes horrible to me.

My daughter and her "boyfriend" have been together for near 14 yrs. now...they bought a home together just about a year ago ...they have no plans for kids...all the house agreement was done with a lawyer...they have written wills ..I get both the dogs...and they see no need for a marraige certificate.. We  share his/ hers family gatherings...If they want a party...they could probably have a great one for 1/3 of what one would cost after slapping the word wedding infront of it.. ;)

You guys more than likely won't see much of a change...you'll have just one more day you have to spend a lot of $$$ every year....Best wishes....

Edited by growalot