Job's/profession's

Dom

Many hats, lol.

Stock clerk for a Supermarket, worked for a wholesale florist, installed oil burners, forklift operator for a beverage company, worked for a private investigator (surveillance), inspector for an armored  car company, stock broker, clammer, government contractor, and finally a federal law enforcement officer. Crazy as I look at it!

Grew up on a 200 cow dairy farm in CT. After college, my Dad and I merged our herd into a bigger farm here in the Fingerlakes (now 1900 cows). Instead of doing a little bit of everything, I now specialize in making babies.. (managing the reproduction using the AI, embryo transfer, IVF, and ultrasound). I spend a lot of time with a long glove on my left arm...

• Like 2

Many hats, lol.

Stock clerk for a Supermarket, worked for a wholesale florist, installed oil burners, forklift operator for a beverage company, worked for a private investigator (surveillance), inspector for an armored  car company, stock broker, clammer, government contractor, and finally a federal law enforcement officer. Crazy as I look at it!

Man that's a lot of gigs!

Started out as a paper boy, farm hand in the summers , dishwasher, rink rat at the local college, equipment operator/laborer, plumber, firewood business, installed satellite dishes, satellite dish sales( everything north of the thruway), delivered film for Fuji/walmart, small construction business, logger /feller, crew leader setting modular homes, and now I am back to building and remodeling homes on my own again..lol

Well that was kind of fun. I've never actually listed everything I have done chronologically in the last 30 years..I do not think I forgot anything.  Kinda shows  my A.D.D. ..lol

Mowed lawns, made pizzas, apprenticed home remodeling and maintenance, maintenance and helper in a nursing home, model, key manager at a clothing store, collision repair shop ops manager, cashier at pharmacy, hunting and fishing retail associate, writer, photographer, editor/copy writer, sales, communications lead, risk management analyst, billing commissions and reconciliation supervisor, ops manager....i know I am forgetting some and some are slightly out of order.

Edited by phade

Mowed lawns, made pizzas, apprenticed home remodeling and maintenance, maintenance and helper in a nursing home, model, key manager at a clothing store, collision repair shop ops manager, cashier at pharmacy, hunting and fishing retail associate, writer, photographer, editor/copy writer, sales, communications lead, risk management analyst, billing commissions and reconciliation supervisor, ops manager....i know I am forgetting some and some are slightly out of order.

I'm truly amazed at what some here have done. Cool.............

Looks like only 38 of us worked , must be all the rest are on public assistants.   jk. lol   I am sure there must be more that work/worked ?

I don't know about the public assistance thing but I think others are afraid to say what they do or have done for some reason.

Some of the most vocal guys are kind of silent on this although I can see they have certainly followed the thread..............

I wonder what they could be afraid of?

Thankyou all for sharing what you do for work to provide not only the general pulic but to support your family's.My first job before going to school for a trade was collecting egg' on a chicken farm making 3.00per hour Then I thaught I was hot shit I didnt need Daddy to buy what I wanted.Some people were raised that never had to or will have to work to earn their way in life,Great for them atleast I earned what I have in my life.

• Like 3

Landscaping,cleaner,silk screen printer,pantry chef,bartender,night club manager,receptionist,manager of wiring dept.,engineering trouble shooter for a forklift manufacturer,day care business,dog grooming business, pet shop manager,night kennel manager,breeding and raising exotic birds from egg to sale,teachers aid in a high school....when I was very young construction...raking gravel and blk.top for driveways and shoveled snow. Went school for Recreation land management and 2 yrs of night school for welding, plus in house electronics ,schematic/blue print reading

Almost forgot..dairy farm..washing teets...shoveling silage, tossing hay..etc...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

My Uncle Lance worked at a hosiery mill as a Sock Tucker...

Then he got a job at a barrel bunging factory as a Cork Socker..

Then he finally found the job of his dreams, working at Pink Willies

Massage Parlor and Bath House as a...Geeze..I can't remember his job title..

• Like 4

Landscaping,cleaner,silk screen printer,pantry chef,bartender,night club manager,receptionist,manager of wiring dept.,engineering trouble shooter for a forklift manufacturer,day care business,dog grooming business, pet shop manager,night kennel manager,breeding and raising exotic birds from egg to sale,teachers aid in a high school....when I was very young construction...raking gravel and blk.top for driveways and shoveled snow. Went school for Recreation land management and 2 yrs of night school for welding, plus in house electronics ,schematic/blue print reading

Almost forgot..dairy farm..washing teets...shoveling silage, tossing hay..etc...