Rolling Stones Coming To WNY?

Lawdwaz

Saw a blurb on the local news this morning that they may be coming to Buffalo.  I always liked their music years ago but recently have enjoyed it even more as I appreciate what they have done and how they can still kick it out.....

Lots of my buddies saw them back in the 70's when they came to Rich Stadium but I didn't go for some reason......(would have had to take the GF and that would be twice the price & half the fun :) )

If tickets fell into my lap I'd love to see them now......but I'd imagine the face price would be exorbitant.

Saw a blurb on the local news this morning that they may be coming to Buffalo.  I always liked their music years ago but recently have enjoyed it even more as I appreciate what they have done and how they can still kick it out.....

Lots of my buddies saw them back in the 70's when they came to Rich Stadium but I didn't go for some reason......(would have had to take the GF and that would be twice the price & half the fun :) )

If tickets fell into my lap I'd love to see them now......but I'd imagine the face price would be exorbitant.

I saw them back in 89/90 for the "Steel Wheels's" tour...........definitely a band that you would want to see at least once if you're a fan. I bet tickets today will be going for at least $300-$500 apiece for the low end seats, if not more.

I really appreciated the music when they first started out ..but all these bands and singers have to tweek the songs a bit, due to vocal limitations that happen with age. I hear it and well it just ruins the songs for me...I'll stick to loving the old stuff and be happy. Sometimes you just shouldn't mess with a good thing...

• Like 1

I took the wife to see Bob Seger her in Buffalo last year for her birthday.  He'll be having his 70th birthday this May and he still sounds great.

That concert was the first I've seen since the early 80's...........it felt weird to say the least, surrounded by a pile of gray hair folks and young kids, all rockin' to good old Bob Seger!  Joe Walsh opened for him........

• Like 1

I find it funny when I hear people in there 50's and 60's wanting to attend rock concerts.  To me it's even funnier than having the 60 and 70 year olds performing on stage.  At least those geezers are getting paid for it, eventhough they should probably give it up already.   

I wouldn't be caught dead at a rock concert, let alone spend money to see it.  Never much of a fan of rock music.  At my age now (or even 20 years ago) give me Mozart, Bach or the tons of other great classical music out there and I am a happy camper.  For the most part I know that those performing it aren't brainfried over the hill 70 year olds who should have been put out to pasture 30 or more years ago! LOL

I find it funny when I hear people in there 50's and 60's wanting to attend rock concerts.  To me it's even funnier than having the 60 and 70 year olds performing on stage.  At least those geezers are getting paid for it, eventhough they should probably give it up already.   

I wouldn't be caught dead at a rock concert, let alone spend money to see it.  Never much of a fan of rock music.  At my age now (or even 20 years ago) give me Mozart, Bach or the tons of other great classical music out there and I am a happy camper.  For the most part I know that those performing it aren't brainfried over the hill 70 year olds who should have been put out to pasture 30 or more years ago! LOL

"Mozart, Bach or the tons of other great classical music out there", REALLY? 

Tell you what.....any of those guys come to town I'll shoot you a PM. :fie:

• Like 4

( Rumored )    Rolling Stones North American Tour 2015

Opening May 20th - San Diego

Pittsburgh

Morrison

Indiana

Buffalo

AEG is the promoter

The Stones will play their classic 1971 "Sticky Fingers" at all shows

Basically a stadium tour

A 15 city North American Tour and a few Canadian shows

No N.Y.C. shows ( I can't believe that )

I've seen the Stones perform over 30 times and they put on a great show. They were proclaimed as The Greatest Rock & Roll Band In The World for good reason ( but that's another debate ). They have been playing professionally for over 50 years. I also had the pleasure of meeting Keith Richards , Charlie Watts , Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor on numerous occasions and with the exception of Mick Taylor ,  they were very down to earth. Mick Taylor can be a real obnoxious a-hole. I also met Mickey Dolenz and Monica Lewinsky backstage at a Ronnie Wood show in Manhattan.

One thing that surprised me about the Stones is how short they all are.....but they still can crank out the music better than one would think considering their age. If you like Rock & Roll and don't mind paying top dollar , I would highly recommend seeing them. After all , this truly may " The Last Time ".

Looking forward to a Meet & Greet this Friday with ZZ Top in Kingston , NY

Mark Saturday July 11 on your calendar.

• Like 1

The '401k tour'?

I have a great deal of respect for any group of musicians that can hold it together for as many years as they have. God bless 'em.

I was a huge fan of the whole concert scene in my younger days, and I saw most of the biggies as they traveled through in the 1970's and 80's. The only way to get me near those crowds today is to put me behind the drum kit where I can watch the watchers.  Even then it can be a little creepy at times.

"Mozart, Bach or the tons of other great classical music out there", REALLY?

Tell you what.....any of those guys come to town I'll shoot you a PM. :fie:

They don't need to come to town. There are young people out there still studying and performing their music 200 plus years after their deaths. I can guarantee you they won't be doing the same with the Stones music in 200 years.

Maybe some of you should send me CD's of music played on a washboard and I'll tell you if I like it or not. LOL

I saw them on the Steel Wheels tour as well in the early 90s with Living Colour opening up for them at the Carrier Dome. Great show. Just heard today that the Steve Miller Band is playing at Binghamton University soon. Another oldie but goodie. No Mozart or Bach, but music is a universal language spoken in many tongues, tempos, and genres. To each his own.

There are young people out there still studying and performing their music 200 plus years after their deaths. I can guarantee you they won't be doing the same with the Stones music in 200 years.

:rofl:

This has really got you cranked up, hasn't it? 

Sorry to rile you up with such a horrid OP............................................... :victory:

I saw them back in 89/90 for the "Steel Wheels's" tour...........definitely a band that you would want to see at least once if you're a fan. I bet tickets today will be going for at least $300-$500 apiece for the low end seats, if not more.

i saw that show in Foxboro, The Who that same year as well. Awesome shows
  • Like 1

They don't need to come to town. There are young people out there still studying and performing their music 200 plus years after their deaths. I can guarantee you they won't be doing the same with the Stones music in 200 years.

Maybe some of you should send me CD's of music played on a washboard and I'll tell you if I like it or not. LOL

Thoughts on the Eagles? 

They're coming to Buffalo this summer too......................... :)