Wrong MZ for X-mas?!?!

phade

I think my better half may have got me a new MZ for Christmas…while doing finances, I came across info pointing in that direction…I was not snooping early!

I am pretty confident that she got me a MZ that was not really what I wanted. I had looked at one while at Gander Mtn. when she was with me, and mentioned that “it wasn’t too bad.” For me, that’s a sign of approval of sorts…and I think she took that to being that was the one I really wanted.

I don’t buy new guns often…maybe every 3-4 years or so. It’s not a bad mz by any stretch, but it was probably somewhere below my top three choices. She doesn’t typically go to such lengths for gifts, so I’m thinking I need to keep the pie hole shut and just hunt with it for the next couple of seasons. I can hunt with my current MZ, it’s a lower model, but I prefer it over the one I think she got me….and not hunting with the new one will be pretty obvious to her come next season.

Any other options you can think of? I guess in retrospect, it’s not a bad situation to be in!

If she has it on layaway or something you could get it changed...once you take possession you are toast. If you have the receipt go and apply the layaway on the one you really want ....pay the difference and leave the balance as it should be......I don't know about you but my guns are like my wifes shoes...I wouldn't know one from the other

I'm pretty sure she already has posession of it...the bank statement showed the purchase, and I know she wouldn't buy something of that price without prior information from me.

She knows I had been considering a new MZ, but only went one time with me to check them out. The lady will know if I'm not hunting with it, unfortunately ;D  Although she gives me the green light to hunt whenever I want, I found the girl who takes an active interest in my adventures.

Wait until you are given the gun on Christmas and thank your wife profusely.  Then use it and keep your mouth shut about it forever.  Nothing will break a woman's heart as bad as going all out on a gift and not getting the right appreciation for it.

So it's not the exact rifle you wanted.  Is she the exact wife you want?  Then keep the rifle and be happy with it unless you want to find yourself suffering from now on every time you go hunting.  Just a little advice from a man with experience in this area.

;D

Wait until you are given the gun on Christmas and thank your wife profusely.  Then use it and keep your mouth shut about it forever.  Nothing will break a woman's heart as bad as going all out on a gift and not getting the right appreciation for it.

So it's not the exact rifle you wanted.  Is she the exact wife you want?  Then keep the rifle and be happy with it unless you want to find yourself suffering from now on every time you go hunting.  Just a little advice from a man with experience in this area.

;D

Yeah, I figure that's the best plan going.

Although I can't trade the MZ in for the model I want, I did trade my first wife in. It cost me a good amount, but it was worth every penny! :-\

What ML do you think she got you?

It's a Traditions...want to say its a pursuit or accelorator...I forget which model. I happened to pick it up (a snow camo model) and check it out when she was there. I had been really looking at the higher end CVAs and T/Cs with the changeable barrels.

;D

I'm thinking this is the best advice you are going to get. That is exactly what I would do.

;D

Best advice you can get! Shut your mouth and appreciate the thought and effort behind the gift.  :)

None...turned out it was a combo purchase of a stand/release/bag target/spotting scope that put the price right at the mz cost. She even taunted the possibility of a new gun the x-mas eve...but that was to throw me off.

Consider me thrown! Still great gifts that I'll use heavily.