Get your vaseline ready NY! Its here...

phade

sorry for all of you affected

This may help us a bit since we will be in 8N on Oct 23rd hunting public land

we have actually seen more buck & killed more buck the last few years then does hard to say if this decision is correct as where we hunt is a very small piece of 8N & we do see a LOT of does on posted / private property

You will see a lot more too...For this area has a mind set and many large parcel land owners will not allow doe hunting....I can tell you with ALL confidence that the number of land owners saying no to doe after this latest DEC brain fart, will increase significantly.

• Like 1

careful of the button bucks this fall out there.

This is why this move is strictly for population control. If people would stop gobbling up the DMPs and not filling them, then they would not need to make the first two weeks doe only. I do believe though, that doing this during gun would have a greater affect on the population.

• Like 2

One more thing ...then I'm done..

NYS I am looking into my Krystle ball and see a significant drop in revenue...yes yes I'm seeing the $$$ flow from out of state hunters sprouting wings ...huh ..no doubt about it I see them pondering other states early bow season.  A time they would come here before the opening of their own seasons or when they came here after their seasons for late ML...so much for all your advertising this great hunting state and lowering  out of state tag prices.....

Ya think????

Yup, but it will never happen. The state does not have enough balls to mess with gun season. While there is an uproar now, the majority of bow hunter's will just accept it and have the belief that they still have 4 to 5 weeks of hunting afterwards that they can chase the bucks. As for muzzle loader, there are not enough of them to really make a difference. The possible loss of revenue from true muzzle loader hunters will be covered by crossbow users.

I do believe though, that doing this during gun would have a greater affect on the population.

That is the ONLY way it would have an effect.  Bow hunting has never put a big dent on deer numbers and making the first two weeks of bow season doe only will have mighty little effect also.  As we could see here, you now have scores of bowhunters so pissed off that many won't even go out hunting during those first two weeks.  

Here's the vaseline fellas.  Make sure you wipe down the jar before you pass it off to the next hunter.  It might start getting messy.  LOL

post-328-0-39924400-1438775088.jpeg

This is why this move is strictly for population control. If people would stop gobbling up the DMPs and not filling them, then they would not need to make the first two weeks doe only. I do believe though, that doing this during gun would have a greater affect on the population.

Are you kidding me?! For one thing doe do not always just stand around to be shot and they definitely do not ALWAYS come into bow range. Let me add there are a ton of guys around here that get their wives tags to hunt with. They may still do that, but maybe not.  What they definitely do is make sure that the buck tags they get with the wives tags will be used...They just may end  with more buck than doe shot..I can't speak for other areas but I've lived in this general area all of my life and know how these guys think.

Yup, but it will never happen. The state does not have enough balls to mess with gun season. While there is an uproar now, the majority of bow hunter's will just accept it and have the belief that they still have 4 to 5 weeks of hunting afterwards that they can chase the bucks. As for muzzle loader, there are not enough of them to really make a difference. The possible loss of revenue from true muzzle loader hunters will be covered by crossbow users.

It's true. And once again the DEC is taking lessons from the Governor, and noting how the loud protests over the Safe Act slowly subsided and is now pretty much a dormant issue in the minds of most gun owners.  The DEC has noted that and learned. This attack on bowhunters will also be scored as a victory for the DEC over bowhunters and will quietly fade into history without note after a while.

This morning it is a shock. Tomorrow or the next day, it will simply be old news.

Many a good bucks will still be harvested in these areas. private landowners are not going to listen to and take this crap shoved down their throat. I know a very good piece of land in 8H that will see no new changes from any other year.

Call it lawbreaker,poacher or what have you but i know these hardcore, Land Owning,Tax Paying bowhunters manage THEIR own property for the hunting that they enjoy and the reason they paid all that cash for a good chunk of property was because of the chances and choices that piece of property offered.  Nothing will change!

• Like 1

Are you kidding me?! For one thing doe do not always just stand around to be shot and they definitely do not ALWAYS come into bow range. Let me add there are a ton of guys around here that get their wives tags to hunt with. They may still do that, but maybe not.  What they definitely do is make sure that the buck tags they get with the wives tags will be used...They just may end  with more buck than doe shot..I can't speak for other areas but I've lived in this general area all of my life and know how these guys think.

I agree, doe are not easy to shoot. Hell, I think a mature doe is way harder to shoot than even your most seasoned buck. I have been busted way more times by a nanny doe than by any buck. I also know of people who use as many tags as they can get to shoot deer, but there are still a lot of hunters out there that do not believe in shooting does. And until this mentality changes, no matter how ill advised, the state is going to try and force people to take does if there is a "perceived" population problem.

• Like 2

Many a good bucks will still be harvested in these areas. private landowners are not going to listen to and take this crap shoved down their throat. I know a very good piece of land in 8H that will see no new changes from any other year.

Call it lawbreaker,poacher or what have you but i know these hardcore, Land Owning,Tax Paying bowhunters manage THEIR own property for the hunting that they enjoy and the reason they paid all that cash for a good chunk of property was because of the chances and choices that piece of property offered.  Nothing will change!

Hell, then they don't even have to wait for hunting season to start or even buy a hunting license if they want to do whatever they please on their own land.  That's BS.  Many of your posts point to landowners doing whatever they want in terms of game management on their land, but once they start violating the law, then we are talking about something completely different.  Free ranging game is NOT owned by the landowners in NYS or any other U.S. state that I am aware of.  There is a difference between free ranging and game farm animals.

• Like 2

Nothing changed for me. Just hope next xbow gets full inclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for nothing, but as an xbow hunter - you should not have wanted this change.

All it is going to do is ignite bowhunters to push back even more on full inclusion - me being one of them. Taking two weeks and MZ and now having to cram in more hunters in the few weeks I shoot a buck with my bow? 

I was not all that against inclusion before, but this certainly sways me to the "I don't want it" camp.

• Like 1

Call it lawbreaker,poacher or what have you but i know these hardcore, Land Owning,Tax Paying bowhunters manage THEIR own property for the hunting that they enjoy and the reason they paid all that cash for a good chunk of property was because of the chances and choices that piece of property offered. Nothing will change!

Why wait for 10/1? If they are going to break the law, why not shoot one in August or September? Out of season is out of season, whether that is 10/14 now or mid August.

• Like 3

Not for nothing, but as an xbow hunter - you should not have wanted this change.

All it is going to do is ignite bowhunters to push back even more on full inclusion - me being one of them. Taking two weeks and MZ and now having to cram in more hunters in the few weeks I shoot a buck with my bow?

I was not all that against inclusion before, but this certainly sways me to the "I don't want it" camp.

It didn't change in 3N. I'm just saying if it did then maybe there would be less guys in the woods. I don't know anyone locally who shoots does so I'm thinking they just wouldn't hunt and be in the woods a lot less. I'd say the buck to doe ratio at the local butcher whenever I go is like 30 or 40 to 1.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

The units that were impacted actually never ran out...they still had more to give well into the second chance drawing. So the "gobbling up" effect has no real impact.

• Like 1

Whatever.  Stupid deer anyway.  This year I've been looking out in the beans, "Huh, there's a few bucks."  :picknose:  :picknose:  then scan the sky for HONKERS!  Get more shooting and they're easier to drag.

Edited by covert
  • Like 1