NY Bow hunt. Video worth watching.

HuntOrBeHunted

So how many of you guys would have let that first...Little Dink 120class walk?  And how many would have not and never seen the biggest buck in your life?

The first buck wasn't 120... and he would have definitely gotten a pass. He was a very handsome buck however. The second buck was a dandy... the guy mad a great shot too.

So how many of you guys would have let that first...Little Dink 120class walk?  And how many would have not and never seen the biggest buck in your life?

If it was legal I would have taken the doe. But, yes If I was after a buck I would have taken the first one. You can't say on any given day what will walk in front of you. That monster may not have walked out that day, or any other day. For us meat hunters, when you have an opportunity, you take it. Horn hunters wait, and that's fine too.

• Like 1

Too many variables. If I knew there was a giant in the area and had time to hunt him that buck gets a pass. If not I would of taken the smaller guy and cursed myself when the big guy walked by.lol Only to say hope he makes it through season. Look we are all out there to harvest a nice buck or just bring home some meat. What is the difference between the first and second deer? It only matters to the guy releasing the arrow or pulling the trigger. Seriously I will probably hunt 4 days this season. A decent buck or doe walks by at bow or gun I'm done, just the way it is. 

The first buck wasn't 120... and he would have definitely gotten a pass. He was a very handsome buck however. The second buck was a dandy... the guy mad a great shot too.

Did you watch the video ad listen to what was said?   Seems some may not know what a 120 looks like in the heat of the moment. The camera guy also said 170 for the harvested one.  Funny how that happens when the blood gets to pumping.

Too many variables. If I knew there was a giant in the area and had time to hunt him that buck gets a pass. If not I would of taken the smaller guy and cursed myself when the big guy walked by.lol Only to say hope he makes it through season. Look we are all out there to harvest a nice buck or just bring home some meat. What is the difference between the first and second deer? It only matters to the guy releasing the arrow or pulling the trigger. Seriously I will probably hunt 4 days this season. A decent buck or doe walks by at bow or gun I'm done, just the way it is. 

I hear ya on the little time to hunt but thats kinda where things stop.  You never would have seen that bigger buck after making all the noise of shooting the small one. This is a good video showing someone who will take the chance of eating their take rather than taking a lesser animal. Does will fill the freezer.

Did you watch the video ad listen to what was said?   Seems some may not know what a 120 looks like in the heat of the moment. The camera guy also said 170 for the harvested one.  Funny how that happens when the blood gets to pumping.

What hunters say a buck scores and what it actually scores are two different things... scoring bucks is kinda what I do and have been doing for about 25 years... that being said, the guy did the right thing if killing the biggest buck of his life was what he was out to do... But, neither buck was as big as they say... I would have taken the second buck though without hesitation just on character alone. For me the size of the bucks was not the coolest part of the video... I was more amazed by what that broadhead did upon impact... there was some serious blood drawn in a hurry... that was impressive

What hunters say a buck scores and what it actually scores are two different things... scoring bucks is kinda what I do and have been doing for about 25 years... that being said, the guy did the right thing if killing the biggest buck of his life was what he was out to do... But, neither buck was as big as they say... I would have taken the second buck though without hesitation just on character alone. For me the size of the bucks was not the coolest part of the video... I was more amazed by what that broadhead did upon impact... there was some serious blood drawn in a hurry... that was impressive

I agree..I have taped a few over 40 years of hunting and 20 of raising 200 inch whitetails.  The heat of the moment is amazing.

I love the mess my cut on contacts make also but placement is huge with any shot to get the pump flowing.