Kind of warm isn't it?

Doc

Usually about this time of year I am in a regimen of some pretty heavy daily bow practice and a bit of ground stand building or re-freshing, or just plain wandering around seeing what the critters are doing. But we are in quite a heavy hot spell here, and I can't even get away from the air conditioning. With the viciousness of the mosquitos, it's not as simple as just ripping a shirt off. They never did back off this summer. It's just plain ugly out there.

How are you guys handling all this heat, or are you all set and not worrying about getting out?

Is it hot or is it just me?!    I put up a new stand & did some trimming yesterday, 90* hot & humid!  Got sweaty, hot & sticky!

Yeah, I hear ya, Pal  !!

Yesterday I spread a half ton of lime and fertilizer by hand...Well, not EXACTLY by hand,,I used a shovel...

The beer sure tasted good when I got home afterward...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

Hung some stands last week in high heat and humidity , better late then never ......

Ya I got sweaty just like everyday at the gym or work.

Today we'll be in our pool and it's great to keep warm pool temps well into Sept ! ( projecting it out another week or so) Then we are off to a river side bar supper time . I'm pretty darn happy with this heat in sept .

• Like 3

As long as there is air conditioning, I can survive it. Stay hydrated out there and other than some heavy discomfort, I guess it can be tolerated.

Some have made the point that after complaining about the cold last winter, this really ain't so bad. I guess when you look at it that way, you're probably right. It won't be that many more months and we will be slopping around in the slush, sliding on our butt when we step on a stick on the side hill that's buried under the snow, feeling those frosted fingers and toes, and all sorts of other maladies. Oh yes, also it's kind of nice that you don't have to shovel or plow heat. And heat doesn't try to send you flying off into the ditch when you drive down the road.

The more I think of it, the more I'm getting to like this heat ..... lol.

Ok today it was hot and thick ! Our oldest asked if I wanted to go to paddle boarding , so after the gym we did and hour an a half paddle boarding behind the bay. She's out of the house and working at Strong as a RN, so,it was nice surprise when she asked me to go!

I was drenched and sunburned came home and the guy across the street was raking his leaves !!

Edited by Larry302

I had to stop vacuuming because the sweat was pouring into my eyes blinding me...we have no air conditioning....the gym wasn't bad...until I walked out side...I froze beans today and have about 3 bushels of tomatoes to put up...I could not go pick them...I'll be up at 4 again tomorrow to  get my work done before the sun hits the top of the trees...

Been crazy hot/humid here too. I was outside by 8AM to put a ladder stand together and paint it. Took about an hour. Then I started putzing around the yard. By 10:30 I was soaked in sweat. My truck needs an oil change,,but screw that… No way Im crawling under a hot truck today..The wife was just harping on me because I have the AC set at about 45...LOL!