What will cause you to drop a dime on another hunter?

Doc

Snitch...Wow I wonder how many ppl have watched the news and made comments on the fact that the big city shootings or just beatings ...What's that Game they have now? knockout? Where random people are knocked out on the streets...Why? Because it's those communities own fault....they won't get involved and they won't co-operate with police...I hear snitch in those reports a lot......I can now see why a few of Papists postings bother some...I suppose the "snitching" theme is what bridges some ppl across racial,economical even political  lines. :rolleyes:

Say that has nothing to do with hunting laws...BS if a person can look at things that way on something as non threatening as hunting laws.... that they could walk past a street beat down and say the same ...not my problem...IMO

Why yes jump right in...Maybe you will be next on the list. Who Knows?   Christ you post crap on this site about strange cars driving down your road and sitting at the end of your drive!  Look over your shoulder much?  Worry about your family or place much while you are away?  

If it has nothing to do with me,my family or my property i am not getting involved.  There is no pussy or coward involved in anything i personally do.  Come anywhere on the 4 properties that i pay taxes on and see what the outcome will be.

I was brought up taught to keep my nose out of others business and i expect the same from other. If i need your help for something i will ask for it.

As far as deer go....Thats a joke.  There are plenty of them to go around and if some joker thinks a salt block or bag of apples is going to get them a new record buck or something is foolish.  They will kill the dumbest deer in the woods, fill their tags..if they want..and be done.

I am not going to hold or slap someones hand for breaking a law.....I guess you ride around taking down plate numbers of people talking on their cell or running a stop sign?  A pussy i am not and a snitch i will never be.  If thats your thing...Carry On!

I don't agree with FSW often, but he is definitely right here.  Some people spend more time trying to bust others than they spend on their own hunting.  That is ridiculous in my opinion.  There are plenty of bandits out there, and always was, and you guys won't get to see half the stuff that happens out there.  Half the time the DEC don't give a crap either, so why should I?  

I especially love those guys who go snitching on their next door neighbors.  These people have pretty much ruined their own hunting for as long as the neighbors are still living and owning property next to theirs.  If you think they won't find a way to retaliate against you, you are very naive.  It will be a constant war between neighbors and NO one will win.  You will have created your own hell by being stupid and not being able to keep your mouth shut.

• Like 5

I don't agree with FSW often, but he is definitely right here.  Some people spend more time trying to bust others than they spend on their own hunting.  That is ridiculous in my opinion.  There are plenty of bandits out there, and always was, and you guys won't get to see half the stuff that happens out there.  Half the time the DEC don't give a crap either, so why should I?  

I especially love those guys who go snitching on their next door neighbors.  These people have pretty much ruined their own hunting for as long as the neighbors are still living and owning property next to theirs.  If you think they won't find a way to retaliate against you, you are very naive.  It will be a constant war between neighbors and NO one will win.  You will have created your own hell by being stupid and not being able to keep your mouth shut.

My word...I think he!! just froze over a bit.......lol

• Like 3

Why yes I do... You obviously don't recall  the FACT that I called in a suspicious car parked in front of the neighbors house...the sheriffs arrived to find the car gone but the neighbors back door kicked in by a size 13 shoe print...one of the many things missing was ALL of his guns and his hunting bow...That call  helped them find the car 60 miles away and half his guns recovered in a dumpster in Rochester... So ya I keep an eye on things...like when the kid on the next road over wanted my daughters physics books...he was attempting to make a bomb...this kid was also found in his neighbors daughters bed room closet...she wasn't home but the family came home and caught him... Cops were called and they checked it out...yes  a school project on making a bomb of all things...they kept an eye on this kid...he later had more cop issues...so yes I keep an eye on things...and the neighbors have thanked me more than once...their trespassing issues have gone down  and the break ins have as well...

Do I look over my shoulder..yes sir  was in South Town when we had a guy rush up behind us at Christmas...I turned and said if you think your getting my money one of us is going to the hospital! He turned and RAN across the parking lot...yes I have assisted other woman in the Marketplace parking lot at night when they had guys coming up behind them...I've diffused bad parent situations in stores and managed to calm hysterical kids down as I watched the parents on the verge of loosing it...I've talked angry customers down in very long lines at holiday times so the clerk didn't have to deal with it ...... sorry but I happen to be part of the human race,like it or not..mostly not as time goes by, and I do feel an obligation  to keep an eye out for my fellow human.

Why yes I do... You obviously don't recall  the FACT that I called in a suspicious car parked in front of the neighbors house...the sheriffs arrived to find the car gone but the neighbors back door kicked in by a size 13 shoe print...one of the many things missing was ALL of his guns and his hunting bow...That call  helped them find the car 60 miles away and half his guns recovered in a dumpster in Rochester... So ya I keep an eye on things...like when the kid on the next road over wanted my daughters physics books...he was attempting to make a bomb...this kid was also found in his neighbors daughters bed room closet...she wasn't home but the family came home and caught him... Cops were called and they checked it out...yes  a school project on making a bomb of all things...they kept an eye on this kid...he later had more cop issues...so yes I keep an eye on things...and the neighbors have thanked me more than once...their trespassing issues have gone down  and the break ins have as well...

Do I look over my shoulder..yes sir  was in South Town when we had a guy rush up behind us at Christmas...I turned and said if you think your getting my money one of us is going to the hospital! He turned and RAN across the parking lot...yes I have assisted other woman in the Marketplace parking lot at night when they had guys coming up behind them...I've diffused bad parent situations in stores and managed to calm hysterical kids down as I watched the parents on the verge of loosing it...I've talked angry customers down in very long lines at holiday times so the clerk didn't have to deal with it ...... sorry but I happen to be part of the human race,like it or not..mostly not as time goes by, and I do feel an obligation  to keep an eye out for my fellow human.

Cool...You go to bed every night and wake up every morning knowing that today just might be the day that the wrong person comes a callin to show you how much his business is none of yours. Yup thats just how i want to live my life.  No thanks.  

Lets just hope that person is not out there and pissed enough to come visit ya someday but by the sounds of it...If you have not met him yet...You will someday!

There is a big difference between calling in a strange car or truck or whatever in front of a neighbors house ( and around here there have been a lot of breakins latley, the druggies must be really hurting ) And ratting on some hearsay about a salt lick that was never actually seen.

There is a big difference between calling in a strange car or truck or whatever in front of a neighbors house ( and around here there have been a lot of breakins latley, the druggies must be really hurting ) And ratting on some hearsay about a salt lick that was never actually seen.

exactly. there was not one post about overlooking violence, not helping someone in danger or reporting major safety issues.

however calling the HOA because my grass is to long,or the dec because there's a salt lick in my woods or I'm using an illegal broadhead... that's just silly. I honestly think some people make it their business to dime people out. I don't get it.

What ever makes you  feel good...personally when I get a call from my neighbor that someone is trespassing and it happens often I feel good .  I also feel good when I hear them tell me that a lot of the BS that they put up with has calmed down since I moved in...guys shooting illegal deer....drag deer they did not shoot off before you have a chance to recover...guys wondering around other ppl property"trail" screwing up their hunts...Now people call, because no call means no deer... there are no "excuses" everyone has a cell phone...which is why my # is on my signs....and yes when the after hours ..full moon light bow shots and gun shots happen ..they know they'd best not be in the woods 20 mins later looking for a deer...because the DEC will have gotten a call. 

I said I don't sweat the salt lick thing unless they are fool hardy enough to put in in my face...but don't let your dog run deer across my place because you will get a knock at the door...I don't allow my dogs to run my place...you sure the hell aren't going to let yours. Don't worry about me...I do not spend my life worried about some  person  knocking at my door...I sleep fine at night...and yes I have had guys get right in my face...until they saw the look in my eye...I do not like confrontation...but if it comes calling I won't be hiding behind my door.

If it has nothing to do with me,my family or my property i am not getting involved.  There is no pussy or coward involved in anything i personally do.  Come anywhere on the 4 properties that i pay taxes on and see what the outcome will be.

I was brought up taught to keep my nose out of others business and i expect the same from other. If i need your help for something i will ask for it.

As far as deer go....Thats a joke.  There are plenty of them to go around and if some joker thinks a salt block or bag of apples is going to get them a new record buck or something is foolish.  They will kill the dumbest deer in the woods, fill their tags..if they want..and be done.

I am not going to hold or slap someones hand for breaking a law.....I guess you ride around taking down plate numbers of people talking on their cell or running a stop sign?  A pussy i am not and a snitch i will never be.  If thats your thing...Carry On!

And again, you failed to read my original post based on your last paragraph...and making things not your business is a good cop out in my opinion. But, I do understand some peoples unwillingness to get involved.. it seems to be the way of the world now.

• Like 3

I have no problem with the person who calls in suspicious activity in their neighborhood, that meaning people and vehicles that don't belong.......but that certainly does not include calling on a neighbor who is doing things that are petty, nothing worse than a bad neighbor.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

And again, you failed to read my original post based on your last paragraph...and making things not your business is a good cop out in my opinion. But, I do understand some peoples unwillingness to get involved.. it seems to be the way of the world now.

No, making things that are not my business ,My Business is the problem. Thats one of the biggest problems in this screwed up world. You take care of yourself and the world will be just fine. Someone comes on your land, gets in your face or has anything to do with you on a personal basis then by all means do what ya gota do but to be Mrs busy body sticking your nose where it does not belong could very well bite ya in the ass someday.

I have to admit that if it does happen to a couple of ya i sure will snicker and say i told ya so!

Not sure how to take that Pygmy...so I won't take it anyway.

Well I'll tell you...the next driver I call in for swerving all over the road...I hope it's one of your loved ones lives I may have saved from being destroyed by them getting hit.They can send the Thank you to Mrs busy body.

I wish I had a dollar for every crime that was solved or stopped because of a "busy body"......not quite the same as the person who goes snooping around to "find" stuff to call and report....too totally different things in my book

Calling in crimes or whatever , the police response ( if any) will depend on many things, where, when , what it is your calling in.

We routinely stage for the police on shootings , stabbings, domestics where someone is burning the others clothes or threating to burn the house down.

It's not unusual for that wait to be many many minutes after we are on scene . These are high priority calls too!

Car accidents can be over 30 minutes , heck I've had patients leave in the ambulance , and the drivers get tired of waiting for the cops and drive away . Works for me .

My daughters roommate called in unknown man banging on the door and not saying anything or leaving , it took Buffalo pd and hour and a half to respond . I could have drove from Rochester faster. I since coached her on what to say to get a faster response .

Low level calls are often ignored all together as it'll be " holding " for hours before a car can take it .

My daughters roommate called in unknown man banging on the door and not saying anything or leaving , it took Buffalo pd and hour and a half to respond . I could have drove from Rochester faster. I since coached her on what to say to get a faster response .

Low level calls are often ignored all together as it'll be " holding " for hours before a car can take it .

thats the unfortunate by product of slow response times, embellishing a report to get them to respond faster. There was a case in LA a while back where someone stole a kids laptop and when he called the police he claimed the guy had a gun to get them to come out. They shot and killed the perp and he turned out to be unarmed. I don't mean to imply that you coached her to lie, your post just reminded me of that situation Edited by The_Real_TCIII

thats the unfortunate by product of slow response times, embellishing a report to get them to respond faster. There was a case in LA a while back where someone stole a kids laptop and when he called the police he claimed the guy had a gun to get them to come out. They shot and killed the perp and he turned out to be unarmed. I don't mean to imply that you coached her to lie, your post just reminded me of that situation

many fail to realize that the responding Officer has no control over when the call is dispatched to them, that's controlled by the dispatch center...does anyone honestly believe the responding Officer holds a call for an hour or two after being assigned? I hope not.....

What is the actual point of this thread? Who is a rat and who keeps the trap shut? Double edge knife on this one. There is no right or wrong answer.You all just got trolled, by staff. How did the bait taste?

damn, they outsmarted everyone but you...now I feel really stupid.

• Like 3

What ever makes you  feel good...personally when I get a call from my neighbor that someone is trespassing and it happens often I feel good .  I also feel good when I hear them tell me that a lot of the BS that they put up with has calmed down since I moved in...guys shooting illegal deer....drag deer they did not shoot off before you have a chance to recover...guys wondering around other ppl property"trail" screwing up their hunts...Now people call, because no call means no deer... there are no "excuses" everyone has a cell phone...which is why my # is on my signs....and yes when the after hours ..full moon light bow shots and gun shots happen ..they know they'd best not be in the woods 20 mins later looking for a deer...because the DEC will have gotten a call. 

I said I don't sweat the salt lick thing unless they are fool hardy enough to put in in my face...but don't let your dog run deer across my place because you will get a knock at the door...I don't allow my dogs to run my place...you sure the hell aren't going to let yours. Don't worry about me...I do not spend my life worried about some  person  knocking at my door...I sleep fine at night...and yes I have had guys get right in my face...until they saw the look in my eye...I do not like confrontation...but if it comes calling I won't be hiding behind my door.

nobody is advocating not calling out trespassers grow. seems everyone here would call on a guy trespassing their property or a lease. If it's a neighbor however I call the land owner and let them deal with it.

I value my hunting license to much to hunt with anyone who brakes the game laws.  Most of my hunting is on public land so anything that will jeopardize my hunting would get reported.  What would make me drop a dime is proof of an illegal activity. 

Did I report the guy who let me hunt his property in Roscoe, no, I just never hunted there again.  And now all those trophies on his wall do not mean anything to me. 

Let me see you report a bunch of cops and see how that works for you.  I will just keep my mouth shut because I am aware of the ramifications with reporting them.  Like the ones who shot deer in Huntington last year with a crossbow.  Certain problems are not worth getting involved due to the implications that follow. 

Real easy to say you should report everything on the internet but real life is not that simple.

Most of my hunting is on public land so anything that will jeopardize my hunting would get reported.  What would make me drop a dime is proof of an illegal activity. 

Bingo!! I would absolutely report any baiting that is being done on public land I hunt and any other activity that is a safety concern. What people do within the confines of their own posted signs is their business,,,,,,well, to a degree anyway.

• Like 2