LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

So, that's technically 5 Bucks I have passed on as of this morning. I say technically, because about 7:15 am, a spiker came in and entertained me for almost an hour, munching acorns and rubbing up a sapling with his tiny rack. He came in to about 6 yards, where he got downwind of me and started to sniff that something was up. He spooked a bit but stayed around for another 20 minutes.

This speaks to efficacy of food sources like Oak, keeping deer around long enough for multiple shot opportunities. 

At least I had some action this am. Wasn't expecting much as it was already warm at 5:30 this morning. Going to have a coffee and breakfast sandwich then sit till 2. It's already very warm out there however.

• Like 2

I knocked off at 10 . Changed my clothes and checked trail cameras. Went to the village and got something to eat .

Trying another stand but had to walk back to the car and get a ratchet strap. Feel kinda whipped.

It's warm and quiet!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

funny.. i did the same. found a series of large rubs heading into thick stuff

Yea I didn't want to deal with the heat and extra bugs that will be out. First deer that was shot this year on the land had a bunch of ticks so it must be crusing in that thick stuff often. I walked a bit deeper in and around found a dream run and a big rub. I can't wait to see what comes out of that trail.

• Like 2