LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Last night I went to the gully stand...with the high winds still they would coming low in the gully...and the huge beech, I call candy cane (splits at 16ft and then the trunks wind around each other) would give me less of a ride than any other tree stand in the area...Love it when a plan comes together!...Hate it when the wrong deer shows up!...I will give the 6pt 3 days and if he shows with out my seeing a single doe in range..he may have to go..I got no jerky last year....

Problem is as he finally left..BTW, yes they eat hickory nuts...and it looked almost painful...went up my trail ,down wind and not one sign of scenting me. Then out charged one of the bigger bucks from the one stand I have no ladder in....used it for the new blind..that changes today. he chased him up to the neighbor(sanctuary) not 15 mins later I see tails dashing this way and that...I had also kicked up a fawn on the way in that ran there...So I know where the doe have been hiding :umbrage: ...Still a good night learned lots

Edited by growalot

My plans have changed and still trying to figure out to what....This is the worst wind for all my stands...I suppose I could hit the blind and hope Mr 8 strolls by...wind was suppose to be a WNW  but it's darn near N...The woods will be busy around here with the cross bow opener....Well there is one stand I haven't sat it yet and it's a ridge stand...if the bucks run the ridge they should avoid my scent...if not it is so high due to the drop offs on either side..my scent may travel across and not down...either way I need to take a long walk around to get to it...best leave here soon ...good luck guys

Ugh what a crap morning. Got all ready and grabbed my bow and my release is missing. Searched everywhere, still don't know where it is. Go home grab my spare and now driving back. I'll be lucky to be in stand by 730. Incredibly angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk