LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Shore lunch without the shore. Buddy made chili with elk , pork , venison and 4 types of beans. Back up we go. Booted a tail on the way out from a blown down apple tree. Wiiiiindy

Live from kitchen, was inspired by this chili. am making a stew with Moose , Venison, and bear meat. Will be delicious.

• Like 3

Make sure you keep that powder dry....you don't want a click and no boom if that buck presents a shot...in weather like this a balloon over the end of the barrel works well

PS...A+ on your effort...I wasn't buring a sick day to be out in this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by mlammerhirt
  • Like 1

I sat for a couple hours this morn till I was soaked. Originally had the day off put worked half not interested in soaking again!

Out now for final watch rain stopped and warm 50

Sitting in ground blind my son and I put up months ago. I have not sat here all year so maybe some last minute luck. In enjoying looking at different trees and thinking back to bow season when I was seeing deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a wrap. Hunted dusk til 11 Had to be out there for final day. It pizzed out all morning Trying to get a deer for buddy who routinely shoots 4-5 deer a year. He's only seen 4 tails all year. He utilizes the whole deer , hide , sinew , meat etc . Freezer is full with 3 so were content. Bring on May 1st with some coyote hunting between now and then. It was a pleasure reading all of your "live " messages this year. Funny , informational , harvest thread and enjoyed the ride. Even though I've never met most of you I consider you all friends and dually respect your opinions , knowledge and wisdom Have a wonderful Christmas and happy new year.

• Like 11

Got off from work a couple of hours early. So went out for the last two hours of the season. Rain for the first hour then ok. It was nice being out there.

Didn't see anything. Back in the man cave putting everything away and cleaning up my hunting mess from the last 3 months.

Enjoyed all your stories and threads.

Merry Christmas to everyone and God bless!

Jeff

Sent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm soggy. Man did it pour out today. Hunted from 8 until 1 and had to go throw my clothes in the dryer. I did bump 2 first thing this morning, and then a single was bedded about 150 yards away that I bumped. They were hard to see bedded in the briars. Went back out for last watch about 230. Headed back out at 430 and bumped one right where I had gone back in at. Now to clean and oil the ML.

• Like 1