LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

great job grampy and sb

heading to my stand ill sit until 930 then I have family obligations the rest of the weekend.

if anyone is into new and old fire trucks there is a fire truck parade in Lancaster on central ave at 6pm tonight

I just almost double loaded my ML. Thank God I caught it at the last second. Let's see, I would've been shooting a combined 180gr of 777, & 2 385gr conicals. Feeling pretty stupid.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Skillet

Had a late start this morning. I had to switch to my back up rifle my main 308 was leaning up against some stuff (unloaded) and it got knocked over. I didn't want to chance the zero being off. Any else ever do this? And did it hold its zero or did you have to sight it in again? The scope is a Bushnell elite.

I was elk hunting in Montana. At lunch in rested my .300 WSM against the truck. After a few minutes the truck started rolling. Gun fell to the ground and actually got run over. Later that day I dropped an elk at 250 yards with one shot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

great job grampy and sb

heading to my stand ill sit until 930 then I have family obligations the rest of the weekend.

if anyone is into new and old fire trucks there is a fire truck parade in Lancaster on central ave at 6pm tonight

all decorated with Christmas lights I might add. We go every year. Only live a few blocks from there.

Good luck out there today people. I'm not getting out til Tuesday again.

• Like 1

35 here was sprinkling but stopped. Bumped one 150 yds from stand on way in. The got set up in stand and 15 minutes later hear crashing to my left and a grunt then more snapping branches farther away. Hoping now that it's light he comes back this way.

3n me and another trespassers suv. Ran a one off yesterday and a new one appears. I'd love to introduce them to a "butt out" tool. I hate gun season. Oh and on topic. Nothing so far

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

that sucks man where about in 3n are you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all decorated with Christmas lights I might add. We go every year. Only live a few blocks from there.

Good luck out there today people. I'm not Igetting out til Tuesday again.

this will be my first time seeing this parade my wife and kids went last year and loved it. im sure it's going to be a good time I.like seeing the older fire trucks and my 2 yr old is all about fire trucks and cop cars

Been kind of a tough year for me so far until today! Seen a few nice bucks during bow but couldn't get a shot. Got a nice fat doe with crossbow for the freezer, but no buck.

Since the start of gun it has been real slow on both of the properties. Saw a few doe and couple small bucks in my area of 4-H, after hunting hard every day. Decided early this morning to go to a spot on the farm property, where I had seen a nice buck during bow season. It's a very thick brushy ridge overlooking a swamp. A natural ground blind near the top. Wind was in my face and above 60 degrees. About 1:30, I see movement below me but it's so thick, I cant make out what it is. Soon I see it's a decent buck! After what seemed a long time, he makes his way to within 20 yards, and a high shoulder shot from my new 7mm-08 with Nosler BT, ends the hunt with my first rifle kill.

Not the biggest buck on the property, but I'm super happy with him. Dressed 189lbs.

Nice Buck for 4H ... have not seen too many decent bucks in 4H yet !

• Like 1

cool I'm over here in north Salem right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky...I wish I had property in Westchester. A friend brings me on occasion to croton falls, North Salem area and last year saw biggest buck of my life.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk