Your "MUST HAVE (s)" in the woods

firehunter48

Just piss off the stand. I've mastered the art years ago

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That won't turn off any deer/bucks that get a whiff?

I've heard of guys pissing in scrapes or mock scrapes and it gets bucks all juiced up,  but didn't know if that was an old wives tail or not!?

I've heard of guys pissing in scrapes or mock scrapes and it gets bucks all juiced up, but didn't know if that was an old wives tail or not!?

Maybe I just have the right piss but so far so good on my end. And oddly enough right when I got my snake in my hands is when the deer seem to want to catch me with my pants down. The key is not pissin all over your pants and or bow when sitting so I make a minimal movement as possible

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can count the amount of times I had to drop a deuce in the woods in one hand and each one of those times it was due to some questionable breakfast.  I never seem to question how long some leftovers are in the fridge.

I always go into the woods with the same backpack and the following items never leave that backpack: tags and license, pen, tissue, moist wipes, knife, fire starter (magnesium and ferro rod), compass, first aid kit, water bottle.

Things  don't forget, my rattle bag, chew and a spit bottle. I seem to have forgotten about every other essential besides that at some point or another. I like the suggestion of bringing a bible to the stand, I don't go to church a lot but if theres a peaceful time to read it its in the woods.

I always have to "go" when I'm in the woods. Funny thing is two of the three biggest bucks my dad has harvested came right after using the "pot" in the woods. Also the first time I saw the buck I got last year (buck in my avatar pic) came while I was picking my pants up after going in the woods.

• Like 1

I've heard of guys pissing in scrapes or mock scrapes and it gets bucks all juiced up, but didn't know if that was an old wives tail or not!?

I have pissed in a buck scrape and seen major activity on it....seems to really get them going

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 2

In fairness, I only put reference to my religion in about half of my posts.  If someone could come up with any proof that God does not have the final say where all deer end up, I might back off a bit.   All of the evidence I have personally collected suggests he does, and not just over deer.  Fish also end up right where he wants them and you can actually read all about that right there in the Good Book.  One time he even helped his buddies fill their boats with fish to the point of sinking, at a spot and time of day when fish were never known to be around.   I have enjoyed great success hunting and fishing in NY throughout most of my 50 years here.  A few times, I have even been able to feed the neighborhood.  I give full credit for all of it to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  

Edited by wolc123

In fairness, I only put reference to my religion in about half of my posts.  If someone could come up with any proof that God does not have the final say where all deer end up, I might back off a bit.  

does he put them out in the roadways to be killed by cars and possibly kill or seriously injure innocent people........or do those people need to be punished so that's how he chooses to do it?

• Like 1

In fairness, I only put reference to my religion in about half of my posts. If someone could come up with any proof that God does not have the final say where all deer end up, I might back off a bit. All of the evidence I have personally collected suggests he does, and not just over deer. Fish also end up right where he wants them and you can actually read all about that right there in the Good Book. One time he even helped his buddies fill their boats with fish to the point of sinking, at a spot and time of day when fish were never known to be around. I have enjoyed great success hunting and fishing in NY throughout most of my 50 years here. A few times, I have even been able to feed the neighborhood. I give full credit for all of it to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

That's deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness, I only put reference to my religion in about half of my posts.  If someone could come up with any proof that God does not have the final say where all deer end up, I might back off a bit.   All of the evidence I have personally collected suggests he does, and not just over deer.  Fish also end up right where he wants them and you can actually read all about that right there in the Good Book.  One time he even helped his buddies fill their boats with fish to the point of sinking, at a spot and time of day when fish were never known to be around.   I have enjoyed great success hunting and fishing in NY throughout most of my 50 years here.  A few times, I have even been able to feed the neighborhood.  I give full credit for all of it to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  

oh, and as they say "pictures or it didn't happen".....

I am a self proclaimed godless heathen...

Although wolc 123 refers to his faith often, I have not seen him "pushing" it on anybody else..

As long as he doesn't preach to me ( and I have not witnessed him preaching to anybody)  he's OK with me....

I  think it's rude to deride a person because of his religious convictions  UNLESS  he is deriding other people because of thiers, or their lack thereof...

wolc 123 has not done this to my knowledge...

• Like 5

Although wolc 123 refers to his faith often, I have not seen him "pushing" it on anybody else..

As long as he doesn't preach to me ( and I have not witnessed him preaching to anybody)  he's OK with me....

I  think it's rude to deride a person because of his religious convictions  UNLESS  he is deriding other people because of thiers, or their lack thereof...

maybe not, but when you make the claim that you took a shot that may have been out of your effective range and that "Jesus guided it to where it needed to be", you may open yourself up to some "good natured ribbing"....much like someone stating they have "32 year old underwear", that person too would be open to some razzing.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

As long as he doesn't preach to me ( and I have not witnessed him preaching to anybody) he's OK with me....

I think it's rude to deride a person because of his religious convictions UNLESS he is deriding other people because of thiers, or their lack thereof...

Maybe he hasn't pushed his religious views on others, but that's probably up for debate. I don't know.

But what I do know is, he's preaching and even relies on a fictitious person to "guide" his unethical hunting practices and preaches that on a hunting forum on the Internet for all to see, including folks that might think it's ok to pass up good ethics and instead just pray in church instead. So where would a line be drawn? Would it be ok to shoot blindly into the sky with a deadly weapon and allow good ol' JC to have that projectile land on the intended "deer" or human because that's where JC wanted it to be? Probably in wolc's world, it would be.

I'm sure there's a lot of religious people on this forum. Most of which are probably Christian or Catholic. Why it's it that wolc has made it a point to include his personal religious beliefs in so many of his posts while others have respected the views of others and kept to themselves? IMO, his opinion that his hunting success is directly related to JC is an insult to every hunter that practices day in and day out to strive for taking ethical shots when the opportunity arises.

I suppose each of us interpret things a little differently. This is how I see it.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems