Can I switch my tag or am I out of luck?

regulat0r

I drew a DMP for the area I live, 3M. I took a doe on opening day and mistakenly used my regular tag on her. I also shot a buck this morning so my only bow tag left is the 3M DMP tag I drew. I mistakenly used my regular tag on my doe instead on the DMP i had intended to. I planned on hunting my property upstate for the remainder of bow season but now realize I cannot bc I only have the DMP for 3M. If I call the DMP hotline on the DEC site and explain the situation, AND show them my already filled out tag, do you think they will give me another tag or am I out of luck?

So let me get this straight you killed a doe and put it on your ether sex tag “by mistake “. Putting the doe on the ether sex tag is ok. But now you killed a buck and you have no tag for it. First it’s up to you to keep track of your tags. Your next problem is both deer weren’t killed on the same day. I would call the DEC and explain your mistake to them. At best you will get a good dressing down and loose the deer at worse you will get a good dressing down loose the deer and get a ticket. But by manning up to your mistake will go a long way in if you have to pay a fine and how much that fine will be.

So let me get this straight you killed a doe and put it on your ether sex tag “by mistake “. Putting the doe on the ether sex tag is ok. But now you killed a buck and you have no tag for it. First it’s up to you to keep track of your tags. Your next problem is both deer weren’t killed on the same day. I would call the DEC and explain your mistake to them. At best you will get a good dressing down and loose the deer at worse you will get a good dressing down loose the deer and get a ticket. But by manning up to your mistake will go a long way in if you have to pay a fine and how much that fine will be.

NO, Doe killed in 3M(used antlerless bow/ML tag), Buck killed(used either sex tag), he now wants to leave WMU 3M and hunt but only has a 3M dmp. So he wants to switch out the antlerless tag on the doe for the 3M dmp to put that antlerless bow/ML tag back in his pocket.

Doubt it will fly with DEC, but can't hurt to try.

Where did you get all this from. Buck??  Where was there talk of a buck?  He shot a doe and put his either sex muzzy/Bow tag on it instead of his doe tag for that area and now he cant hunt a different area of Ny with his either sex muzzy/bow tag.   I Think. lol

Where did you get all this from. Buck?? Where was there talk of a buck? He shot a doe and put his either sex muzzy/Bow tag on it instead of his doe tag for that area and now he cant hunt a different area of Ny with his either sex muzzy/bow tag. I Think. lol

He doesn't have a regular season tag?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Where did you get all this from. Buck??  Where was there talk of a buck?  He shot a doe and put his either sex muzzy/Bow tag on it instead of his doe tag for that area and now he cant hunt a different area of Ny with his either sex muzzy/bow tag.   I Think. lol

Um, the red text below is where the buck talk came from.

I drew a DMP for the area I live, 3M. I took a doe on opening day and mistakenly used my regular tag on her. I also shot a buck this morning so my only bow tag left is the 3M DMP tag I drew. I mistakenly used my regular tag on my doe instead on the DMP i had intended to. I planned on hunting my property upstate for the remainder of bow season but now realize I cannot bc I only have the DMP for 3M. If I call the DMP hotline on the DEC site and explain the situation, AND show them my already filled out tag, do you think they will give me another tag or am I out of luck?

I doubt you will get a new tag, you are responsible for using the right tags on the right deer.