Opening Day Weather Changing!!

Lawdwaz

I've been watching multiple internet weather outlets for opening day weather predictions and they have been all over the place!  IIRC the high as predicted a few days agp was supposed to be 58........NOW the are calling for a high of 41.

PERFECT!! 

Let's see where it goes in the next couple days.................................. :)

• Like 6

It always rains on opening day here it seems I hope we have snow

Very true here too. Get yourself a camo umbrella that straps around tree above you. Best $15 you'll ever spend That is if you don't have one already. I've gotten WAY too much use during deer and turkey season with mine. Actually have 2 back ups lol
  • Like 3

I was scouting out in the back 40 this weekend. Yesterday 25 and a 20 mph steady wind at 7:00am and it was cold. But i saw 4 does. Today was 35 at 7:00 and 42 by 9. It was like spring with no wind but only 1/2 a deer. To deep in the woods to make out what it was. Just saw it's but. At least it's tail was not waving while it was disappearing running away from me.

My buddy texts me at least 4 times a day with new weather forecasts. SO far it has gone from sunny and 70s to snowy and 30s, to torrential downpours, and back. I'm done. I'll just wake up Saturday morning and be surprised.

Edited by Wildcats160
  • Like 1

Very true here too. Get yourself a camo umbrella that straps around tree above you. Best $15 you'll ever spend That is if you don't have one already. I've gotten WAY too much use during deer and turkey season with mine. Actually have 2 back ups lol

Love mine! I've left more of the damned tinker toy things in trees than I care to admit though. I need a gross of them

Woot!!!!

Now they are calling for a rain/snow mix. 

They can keep the wind!  I remember one opening day probably 15 years ago that we had gale force winds, I mean hang the heck on and go for a ride winds.  The old Screaming Eagle stand was a pretty small perch for me that day.  Sometime after lunch I had to climb down and take OUT a contact lens that got some crud under it.  I thought for sure it was FUBAR as I had no drops to get it re-hydrated.  A little saliva got me back in business and I climbed back up for the rest of the "ride". :) 

I'm planning on finally getting that big buck with the bow on Friday PM...get him hung up, then get the other big guy around 8 am Saturday...that would be a sweet daily double...weather will be perfect

Are you on prescription meds or just crack?

Just kidding... :)

I hope you punch your tags like you've planned!

• Like 1

Are you on prescription meds or just crack?

Just kidding... :)

I hope you punch your tags like you've planned!

....plus, my buddy will sign over an extra doe tag to me...make it a triple play!!!!!.....Oh never mind...I just woke up....lol

• Like 1

Anything two days in advance or more seems to rely on a lot of guesstimation. I like how the farmers almanacs snowfall predictions turned to gospel because of a typo and an East Indies volcano eruption. It reminds me how random weather forecasting is. If i were a meteorologist id be john madden drunk everynight when i forecasted and pointed at the green screen to help me feel better about my predictions.