Tag soup

Dom

i too will be eating tag soup unless next week changes thingsfor me.   I have been hunting only in rockland county - no firearms - and have seen deer just not any good shots but one.  had one 11 yds broadside and hit her right in the shoulder.  made a real loud whack and she just got up and ran away.  hopefully get a few days in 4O next week.  Good Luck!!

I know the feeling.  I got a doe opening day of Xbow, but haven't seen much since.  I saw 27 deer in my neighbor's cut corn and hay fields just before sunset tonight, but none in my field.  Hopefully, this means that they're starting to move a little bit.  This may well be the first gun season that I don't get one, which will suck big time. 

where u at region-wise?

Mostly all 9a Niagara County, hunt my sisters's property there and have been to friends property couple times in 9m. I guess it's just one of those things I can't figure out but bad luck. Nothing on my cams in over 3 weeks in 9a. The few times I got pics they were all late night.

Greg54 the first thing I’m going to ask(ax) are you not seeing deer or not seeing deer you would shoot. If it’s not seeing deer you would shoot then that’s your choice. If you’re not seeing deer at all then I have a few suggestions: I would find a new place to hunt, maybe change your soap, maybe start using soap. :rofl: 

Greg54 the first thing I’m going to ask(ax) are you not seeing deer or not seeing deer you would shoot. If it’s not seeing deer you would shoot then that’s your choice. If you’re not seeing deer at all then I have a few suggestions: I would find a new place to hunt, maybe change your soap, maybe start using soap. :rofl: 

Not seeing any deer period....it's like they disappeared on me this year...maybe it's time for some Irish Spring, maybe that will help LOL...thanks for the tip Larry!! :pleasantry:

I was discouraged too until 4:00 p.m. today when I turned my head and a buck is walking about 40 yds. to my right. Unfortunately he and I saw each other at about the same time and I couldn't swing my shotgun 180 degrees fast enough but man was I HAPPY to not only see a deer but a buck this late in the game.I have not been seeing anything except one tail the last 8 times out. Hang in there if you can.

• Like 2

So far looks like I will be eating tag soup.Other then 1 road kill I have yet to shoot a deer this season/I have seen many just not within range or clear shot.

The only deer I got this year was a small 5 point that caused $4,900 in damage to my 2014 pick up truck on my way to bow hunt. 

today was first day I actually pulled up and had one in cross hairs but it was running, flat out and headed to where I "thought" I had guys in stands,,,, they weren't there 

I have tomorrow and a coupel days this week, as well as muzzle and next weekend. I'm not giving up just yet

i too will be eating tag soup unless next week changes thingsfor me. I have been hunting only in rockland county - no firearms - and have seen deer just not any good shots but one. had one 11 yds broadside and hit her right in the shoulder. made a real loud whack and she just got up and ran away. hopefully get a few days in 4O next week. Good Luck!!

. Where in rockland do you hunt? And why no firearms you can use a shotgun or muzzleloader

Not seeing deer?  I talked to a farmer yesterday , he said his family normally get 8-10 der a yr. & they use all the meat so far this season they only have 3 & are not seeing many. He told me his neighbor shot 17 deer during the summer on a nuisance permit & just threw them over the bank! He was pi$$ed, & what a waste ! I say do away with the nuisance permits or make the users  show their results & donate the deer to the food pantries.

• Like 1