Winter indoor shooting

Doc

Well, it's time to move a couple of items and uncover the bow target in the basement. It's only 15 yards, but all I do is use a smaller bulls eye .... lol. Sure is better than standing out in the snow with a temperature in the teens. Anybody else doing some winter shooting (in home or a commercial range)?

• Like 2

That is dedication

Not all that unusual. There's are lot of people that like to keep the archery muscles tuned up year around. When I was a member of Avon Bowmen, we used to have an indoor range over in Caledonia for winter league competition. I finally had to get out because it was a 70 mile round trip on winter roads (ha-ha .... that was dedication). So I took their target face, made it a 3/4 scaled down version and started shooting in my basement at 15 yards instead of the official 20 yards. I still do that just to keep my hand in the target stuff a bit.

I was just thinking the same thing, perfect time to work on muscle memory for drawing and anchoring as well as slow trigger squeeze. 3D season will be here no time and then hunting season.

Plus, it's just fun shooting. For me bowhunting is only part of it. I really do like shooting the bow.

• Like 1

Well, it's time to move a couple of items and uncover the bow target in the basement. It's only 15 yards, but all I do is use a smaller bulls eye .... lol. Sure is better than standing out in the snow with a temperature in the teens. Anybody else doing some winter shooting (in home or a commercial range)?

All I have is 10 yards downstairs, but at least I'm able to shoot...beggars cannot be choosers.

I use the back of the last arrow I shot.

• Like 1

I have an almost 10 yard shot the way my basement is set with the stairs coming down the middle eliminating a diagonal shot....helps with from and muscle memory for the winter 3d league i shoot in. When needed I have a 50 yard indoor range close by for the cold windy days the bow needs to be tweeked.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have an almost 10 yard shot the way my basement is set with the stairs coming down the middle eliminating a diagonal shot....helps with from and muscle memory for the winter 3d league i shoot in. When needed I have a 50 yard indoor range close by for the cold windy days the bow needs to be tweeked.

indoor being Wolcotts? Not sure how old you are but do you or anyone else remember Leo's archery range on Transit rd in Depew by the HS ?

A 50 yard indoor PUBLIC range !? Please tell me where.