Tough Guys

DirtTime

Being here just over a year, I have read a lot of posts where poaching was talking place. I always thought it funny that some people say the way to alleviate the problem is with threats or even violence.

Here's a clip on how no matter how bad or tough you think you are, getting knocked out can happen.

Glenn Danzig getting a KO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

Yup…I have a few rounds left in me, but at this stage its always best to hang back a little more than I use to. If someone goes for my wife or kids, it will be an all out  baby seal hunt and I have the club. Other than that ….low and slow,,

• Like 3

i've been pretty close to getting in fights but haven't actually gotten in any.  i intend to keep it that way.  couple i should've maybe stepped up but didn't.  it worked out for the better though.  i've had everything happen from getting a drink thrown at my head for really no reason to having a guy stick his head out a car window and ask if he could get with my wife.  problem is in almost all the situations i didn't know the guy and you don't know how messed up in the head they are.  they could have a knife, a gun, or several buddies at the ready just as nuts.  if you've got something like a job or say a pistol permit getting in a fight isn't a good thing at all.  there's always someone a little better at fighting and/or a little bigger.  hopefully the day never comes where i'll have to defend myself or someone else by fighting.

Being here just over a year, I have read a lot of posts where poaching was talking place. I always thought it funny that some people say the way to alleviate the problem is with threats or even violence.

Here's a clip on how no matter how bad or tough you think you are, getting knocked out can happen.

Glenn Danzig getting a KO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw

It's been a long year..............

• Like 4

The world is way different now, I remember growing up watching adult men occasionally threatening each other with a punch in the eye, and sometimes they went through with it. And the older guys would always say, "If I was twenty years older, I'd kick your *ss up and down Main Street", LOLOL.

Take a poke at someone now in anger, and if the police show up, you'll both wind up in jail and possibly face felony charges. Not worth it over a hunting spot or being cut-off on the highway. Not saying anyone should be a doormat or pushover, but you have to think it all the way through before getting physical.

Honestly I find fights to be nothing but a waste of time. I've only been in one fight (aside from sibling fights) and that was only because my friend got into the fight and I had to back him up. You never know what kind of person your getting into a fight with, and what he's capable of doing. Ill never start a fight, but I will defend myself if need be. 

Edited by ATbuckhunter
  • Like 1

thats what happens when you get mouthy...and put your hands on someone.

A buddy of mine 6'3" about 280... was mouthing this little guy in a bar and the kid told him he was going to die that night...everyone laughed. He was walking to his car and that little kid ran up on him and literally gutted him and sliced a major artery coming off his heart.  He was a decorated green beret and had a nice k-bar with him.  My buddy lived but spent a lot of time in the hospital. you just never know.

Look at the guys in the UFC, some of them are walking the street at 150 lbs and would kick the shit out of anyone we all know.  The top military in this country is trained by professional fighters around the world.

Its always the little guy who is quiet but not backing down you must watch out for... a big dopy meathead is just that and will get smack up 99% of the time.

• Like 2

I just found the vid funny.

I have a crooked nose do to standing my ground to many times, and a few missing back teeth from getting 'sucker-slammed' with a pool stick up aside my head.

Yet, I don't consider myself a tough guy, or a bad-a$$.

The point was missed again. For all the people who think acting like a tough guy to poachers or w/e, it just as easy to get your ass kicked as it is to kick one. Just sayin'.

• Like 2