Did you ever almost crap your shorts?

maytom

I jumped a deer once while jump shooting ducks on a small creek. Nearly soiled.. and nearly shot the deer. I had the gun up, shouldered and locked on without a thought.  Luckily I thought and didn't kick off the safety or fire. Also lucky my drawers stayed clean. 

Last year I was bow hunting and got to my stand a little too early. Pitch black. I was hanging out at the base of my tree, waiting for it to lighten up a little before climbing up. I didn't want to use my flash light and risk spooking something. All of the sudden "CRASH SNAP CRASH!!" right in front of me, sounded like with in 10 yards, and I couldn't see a thing. I assume it was a buck chasing a doe. I pulled out my light and lit the place up like a light house. The pucker affect lasted a good while.

• Like 3

2 or 3 years ago during bow I was in a stand that's pretty deep into the woods. Sun had set but I had just seen a few dos and wanted to make sure I didn't bust the stand. About 5 minutes into actual dark I was ready to go when a slaughtering of something took place about 50' over the knob. Sounded like 30 yotes but was probably just a few. Finally got the nerve to climb down 20 minutes later and caught some eyes with my headlamp. Quickly Walked with the knife open for quite a bit of the hike back.