How To Dispose Of A Busted Bow?

DirtTime

Needs a string and cable. Maybe new wheels. Limbs and limb bolts are great, riser is still good. Had it to more then a few shops. Some say one thing others say another. Just tired of having it take up space. If it goes to the curb taken down so be it. If anyone thinks they can fix it have at it. Just want it gone.

if someone has a press and can get a hold of some old bows you can swap out cams and wheels from another bow and just get a cheap string that's appropriately sized for it.  makes for a cheap bowfishing bow or starter bow.  not many have the time, resources, and knowledge to do it is the problem.

Perhaps a bow shop will give you a few dollars for it, towards a new bow?

3 shops said $10. I will most likely not buy a new bow for this season.

Just figured I would ask how to get rid of the old one. If I have to break it down for the trash that's OK by me. I paid $50 for it used a couple years back. The sight and rest I put on it cost more then the bow. LOL

Just set it out by the road. If your area is anything like mine, it will be gone in a couple hours.

Yea but when the lucky guy that picks it up at the curb realizes what he just got he'll probably toss it out on the side of the road. It'll be road trash like all the TV's....... :)

If you were really serious about salvaging it in any way, you might want to contact one of your local hunters ed instructors and see if they'd be interested in it as a donation.

They use a lot of "props" in their classroom setting to point out different weapons parts and carrying techniques to the class members as well as pass pieces around in a show and tell fashion. It wouldn't necessarily have to be functional for that..., I would think. A bow that needs some work might be a good example to address some safety concerns new hunters may not be aware of.

I took the course again last spring, and I think I noticed a few of the instructors cringing a few times as they passed around a lot of their own personal gear to be handled and examined by the noobs.

Might be worth a shot to throw it out there as a teaching tool.

• Like 3

If you were really serious about salvaging it in any way, you might want to contact one of your local hunters ed instructors and see if they'd be interested in it as a donation.

They use a lot of "props" in their classroom setting to point out different weapons parts and carrying techniques to the class members as well as pass pieces around in a show and tell fashion. It wouldn't necessarily have to be functional for that..., I would think. A bow that needs some work might be a good example to address some safety concerns new hunters may not be aware of.

I took the course again last spring, and I think I noticed a few of the instructors cringing a few times as they passed around a lot of their own personal gear to be handled and examined by the noobs.

this is the best idea.  now that I've heard it I can't think of anyone better.  not just bowhunter course but for example a group I'm apart of does a quality deer hunter course.  goes deeper into gun and archery hunting equipment related to hunting.  similar to some post license pistol courses that just expose you to all types out there.

• Like 1

Never thought about that wooly. Too late now. It's taken apart and hitting the trash pick-up. 

Never thought about that wooly. Too late now. It's taken apart and hitting the trash pick-up. 

Oh well, I didn't come up with that one right away either and had to actually give it some thought.

Maybe someone else will find themselves in that predicament and find a use for their old bow that way.

With my brains.., and your good looks, we'll make a great team...

Tell your G/F that Jenny says hi! :drinks: