With regret I'm moving ...

deerpassion

Back to south Florida , hunting in palm beach gardens up to Osceola county ... Tough with all the swamp buggy's running around , gators , snakes , and now the increasing FL panther over pop.! Gonna have to start carrying the pistola during bow !

My old man is moving to Stuart, FL in the next 60-90 days as soon as he finds a house to his liking. Supposedly that is a nice little stretch between Palm Beach and Stuart. Don't know much about the deer there, but lots of good turkey and gator to be shot.

I have a standing job offer in Tampa/St. Pete but the wife will never move. 90% of my family is in FL now.

Good luck - I am sure people would be willing to trade a gator/Osceola hunt for a swap hunt back up here.

Edited by phade

My old man is moving to Stuart, FL in the next 60-90 days as soon as he finds a house to his liking. Supposedly that is a nice little stretch between Palm Beach and Stuart. Don't know much about the deer there, but lots of good turkey and gator to be shot.

I have a standing job offer in Tampa/St. Pete but the wife will never move. 90% of my family is in FL now.

Good luck - I am sure people would be willing to trade a gator/Osceola hunt for a swap hunt back up here.

Ya I was looking to try n find a place in the Jupiter / Stuart area cause Corbett , a 60,000 acre WMA is right there , I've killed a lot a turkeys there, deer is really tough cause it's hot , the waters usually up that time a year n always a bunch a buggy's running all over , which ya pretty much need one to get back to the good areas of the beaten path ... Hydro locked my last truck in a nice hole before moving up here... But that's really the start of the decent wma's in my opinion , the good one's with some deer dam near close to what we get up here are in central FL as ATbuckhunter mentioned , but the panther problem is getting outa control eating up all the hogs n deer... Hopefully there will be a panther season soon cause that would be one hell of a mount of a lifetime of one of the former protected/ endangered list members ... So now instead of a 30 min drive I'm looking at 1.5 hours to any decent areas. I'll make some posts during the season on what it takes to kill a deer in FL , you guys have it easy up here , ya really do haha ..

• Like 1

Best of luck to you……….Good luck hunting in Florida………...Florida deer hunting ,from what Im told, ROCKS!!!!….. 65 pound monsters are not uncommon!!!  

Just busting ballS…….GOOD LUCK!!!!!

• Like 2

Best of luck to you……….Good luck hunting in Florida………...Florida deer hunting ,from what Im told, ROCKS!!!!….. 65 pound monsters are not uncommon!!!

Just busting ballS…….GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Haha it can be good , but mostly sucks ... I've killed several 100+ inchers and even one 126 3/8, but weight wise they go 100 lbs to about 160 at the heaviest ...

Best of luck bro..........I ran into some deer hunters in naples 1 summer...Not sure if I could ever hunt in that climate.....Good Luck.....................

Ya it sucks in the heat , gotta trade jackets for shorts n tank top with leafy wear ... Just have to get used to the fact that the shower n scent control you just spent time with is out the window by the time you climb up , so f it , make dam sure of the wind and just go hunt ...

hope the move goes well. florida is definitely cheaper to live in. my parent's have a vacation home in Hudson. I don't think there's too much hunting around there though.

Hmm, cost of living is surprisingly higher in FL, pays more , but costs more in my experience .... What I could get up here for 150,000 costs 300,000 + down there ... Edited by deerpassion

Back to south Florida , hunting in palm beach gardens up to Osceola county ... Tough with all the swamp buggy's running around , gators , snakes , and now the increasing FL panther over pop.! Gonna have to start carrying the pistola during bow !

. I used to live in palm beach gardens, that's some

Tough hunting down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hmm, cost of living is surprisingly higher in FL, pays more , but costs more in my experience .... What I could get up here for 150,000 costs 300,000 + down there ...

must be different areas then with me being around Albany up here and then Hudson being a "snowbird" area.  sorry for confusion.  I've vacationed the most probably in florida.

Ya I was looking to try n find a place in the Jupiter / Stuart area cause Corbett , a 60,000 acre WMA is right there , I've killed a lot a turkeys there, deer is really tough cause it's hot , the waters usually up that time a year n always a bunch a buggy's running all over , which ya pretty much need one to get back to the good areas of the beaten path ... Hydro locked my last truck in a nice hole before moving up here... But that's really the start of the decent wma's in my opinion , the good one's with some deer dam near close to what we get up here are in central FL as ATbuckhunter mentioned , but the panther problem is getting outa control eating up all the hogs n deer... Hopefully there will be a panther season soon cause that would be one hell of a mount of a lifetime of one of the former protected/ endangered list members ... So now instead of a 30 min drive I'm looking at 1.5 hours to any decent areas. I'll make some posts during the season on what it takes to kill a deer in FL , you guys have it easy up here , ya really do haha ..

After seeing the protest the Anti's put up for bear hunting in FL, I'd hate to see what they'd do if a panther season was introduced. They might actually cry a river. 

Not too sure about deer hunting in FL, but I would like to get down there one of these springs to try to kill an osceola gobbler and maybe a few pigs too...

Good luck in your endeavors!

Well I know you've got some dam good land so I wouldn't be apposed to putting you on a few birds in exchange for a deer hunt .... I can always tell the " northerners" apart in the woods based on there calling lol...

Hopefully a move for the best, good luck to you! And I want your swamp hot spots lol!

NEVER hahaha .... You thought keeping spots a secret was bad up here , my next of kin is lucky enough to know a few of my spots .... Sucks cause i have about a month to prep n make sure my spots are what they once were ... At least I don't have to wait till October haha , August 6 and its on ! Also my bday too ...

How many deer can you take down there?

Depends on the zone down there .... Southern zone 2 combined all seasons with doe's only legal last week of archery ... Central zone can kill 4 but same limited doe harvest to archery...

Bullshit cause a lot of the time doe's are all you see ...

Not sure I could ever get used to hunting in the south to me hunting is those 10 degree mornings in November when you can here the leaves crunching from 100 yards away and see the deers breath. I suppose after awile some could get use to hunting in the heat.Good luck down south.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Not sure I could ever get used to hunting in the south to me hunting is those 10 degree mornings in November when you can here the leaves crunching from 100 yards away and see the deers breath. I suppose after awile some could get use to hunting in the heat.Good luck down south.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

With ya on that one bud... Was a dream turned reality when could finally hunt those frosty oct/nob mornings , likely won't be down there permanently again , cause my hunting lifestyle now having experienced northern seasons , I'll be back ... To us down here instead of hearing leaves crunch its footsteps in the water. Same racing heart beat though ...

• Like 2