Lifetime License

BigGuyNY

You have to pay for your dmp tags unless you bought your lifetime licence before 2009. There is an actual date i read it in the syllabus.  I was doing the math the other day for my lifetime and I think I am down to 100 dollars a year for my licence!! Not terrible best part is it keeps getting cheaper every year! 

• Like 1

expense as an adult is a little harder to cope with.  my toddler though is different assuming she accepts hunting even a little it'll save me quite a bit of money and her down the road.  still payback for me would be just shy of when I'm 50 yrs old.  bowhunting lifetime payback pretty much the same thing.  still probably a good investment.  the amount i'll save in the end I'm probably fine with paying it in to help conservation.

I bought my lifetime on sept 30 2009  at 9 pm because the lady i was buying my licence from told me it would be cheaper if i bought it then. All dmp's are free for me and I think it'll pay for its self in another 5 or 6 years for me. 09 was my first licenced hunting year so hopefully ill have quite a few years of hunting left. 

20 hours ago, BKhunter said:

Yes. I just ordered mine this year. Called the DEC to ask them this specific question. Only if you bought a lifetime before a certain date do you not have to pay for a dmp. Just forgot what the date was since it did not apply to me.

I bought mine before the big increase and don't have to pay for the DMP,just go in and get my doe tags and I'm ready to hunt.Next year is my first year that the lifetime will be "free" so to speak.I bought the sportsman,archery and muzzleloader.