Your handle/Screen name

Pygmy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose 'Muzzy' because that's the type of broadheads I use, and 'Loader' because I purchased a T/C Triumph Muzzleloader last year.  Unfortunately I haven't got to shoot or hunt with it yet.

If I was to use my name from high school, I'd have to use 'LittleJerry' (although I'm not very little anymore).

We were shooting a NFAA round back in the 80's when it was my turn to shoot I shot and broke someone arrows, He said you SOB you know how much they cost...ANd one of the other guys said you mean Sweet Old Bill you would not try to damage your arrows... so that I got the nickname of SOB...when I started up my archery shop in the 90's I called it Sweet Old Bill's archery Pro shop.

I work for a religious institution that probably frowns on hunting and has a fairly keen PR department so I had to come up with a completely new name since I did not want anything traced back to me.

I picked Toruk Makto from the movie Avatar.  It was the title given to those who were able to tame the big flying monster in the movie.

I have always been fond of the 16 gauge...

My very first shotgun was a 16 gauge single shot, labeled Eastern Arms Company...It was a "hand-me-down gun in my Dad's family..After I used it a couple of years it went on to one of my younger cousins, etc. etc.

My second shotgun was also a 16 Gauge, a Remington  model 11-48 autoloader...

I raised a steer and sold it for $123.... Used $85 of the money to buy the 11-48, used...

I've bought and sold a few 16s over the years and am presently down to one...It is a Winchester Model 12 , full choke, made in 1936..... 

I have always been fond of the 16 gauge...

My very first shotgun was a 16 gauge single shot, labeled Eastern Arms Company...It was a "hand-me-down gun in my Dad's family..After I used it a couple of years it went on to one of my younger cousins, etc. etc.

My second shotgun was also a 16 Gauge, a Remington  model 11-48 autoloader...

I raised a steer and sold it for $123.... Used $85 of the money to buy the 11-48, used...

I've bought and sold a few 16s over the years and am presently down to one...It is a Winchester Model 12 , full choke, made in 1936.....

I have an 11-48 16ga with a poly choke. nice little small game gun...but I can throw a slug with my hand better than the gun does...lol

My 16 gauge 11-48 had a 28" modified barrel and threw a pretty good slug, considering the fact that it just had an "apple-on-a-stick" raised bead....

I shot several "firsts" with that gun...

Shot my first limit of 4 grouse...Shot my first red fox...Shot my first ducks...

After using it for a couple of years, I traded it for a Winchester Model 59 12 gauge...

Funny co-incidence..That M59 (which I still have) is AWFUL with slugs.. You could shoot it inside a room and miss all 4 walls, the ceiling AND the floor... ??? .....

I work for a religious institution that probably frowns on hunting and has a fairly keen PR department so I had to come up with a completely new name since I did not want anything traced back to me.

I picked Toruk Makto from the movie Avatar.  It was the title given to those who were able to tame the big flying monster in the movie.

LMAO.. I honestly thought you were asian or something ;)

LMAO.. I honestly thought you were asian or something :D

LOL!!

LMAO.. I honestly thought you were asian or something :D

With a teenager in the house I get to see all those movies....I knew what it was....LOL. Kinda sad a guy has to fly under tha radar like he is because of what he does.

i never would have guessed that name and i have seen the movie like 3 times... i agree with you, it is kind of sad...

My reaction was the same... Figured Toruk-Matko was probably a Kung-Fu expert...

But then, I suppose PYGMY  conjurs up a vision of  some little black fellow wearing a breechcloth, a bone in his nose and carrying a poison dart blowgun.... ??? .....