LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Great buck WNY. 

All - Quick intro. Just moved to Madison County and purchased a small 50 acre property. Job had me OCONUS a few years. Glad to be back and in the woods. Shot a big doe first week of season in 7J. Passed up on smaller deer after. Haven't SEEN a deer in 3 weeks. You guys (like WNY's photo) are all that keep me getting up at 4am. Thanks for the great info you share. It's been a rough few weeks. 

• Like 11

This afternoon has become a huge day for me! As my username says bionic, some may already know I wear a myoelectric prosthetic arm.  I set a huge personal goal for myself to harvest a deer with a bow.  I wanted a regular bow versus a compound for the added challenge for myself.  This evening I harvested a deer, it was a quick clean shot, full pass through, and I could not have asked for a better shot from myself.  I am very pleased, thankful, and words cannot express what this day means to me.  Unfortunately this deer turned out to be a button buck, I am disappointed that it was a young deer, but as mentioned earlier, the shot was more than I could ask/hope for.  This deer will be enjoyed by myself, family, and friends.  Incase you  are wondering where the tag is, its zip tied to his back leg...

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 45

17 minutes ago, Bionic said:

This afternoon has become a huge day for me! As my username says bionic, some may already know I wear a myoelectric prosthetic arm.  I set a huge personal goal for myself to harvest a deer with a bow.  I wanted a regular bow versus a compound for the added challenge for myself.  This evening I harvested a deer, it was a quick clean shot, full pass through, and I could not have asked for a better shot from myself.  I am very pleased, thankful, and words cannot express what this day means to me.  Unfortunately this deer turned out to be a button buck, I am disappointed that it was a young deer, but as mentioned earlier, the shot was more than I could ask/hope for.  This deer will be enjoyed by myself, family, and friends.  Incase you  are wondering where the tag is, its zip tied to his back leg...

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

Well done, I give you the top prize for the year.  1st Freaking place!!!

• Like 6

Bionic, I've benn pulling for you all season ! !  My heartfelt congratulations to you sir! Beautiful deer and I'm very happy all your hard work and persistence paid off! wat to go man!

Stein 13 Congratulations to you as well on a great buck!

NIce job for all who got it done today! Awesome!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2

IMG_4542.JPG
IMG_4544.JPG

That's really cool man! Couldn't be happier for you!!! And don't sweat the button buck they are some of the best eating out there young and tender but a lot of meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

59 minutes ago, Stein13 said:

bb4b4b8e6775ee5417047e2fb89db324.jpg
Got him tonight my best buck to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great day for you fellas... Congrats on the harvest!

• Like 1

Way to go Bionic.  I was after a button all last weekend with my crossbow but could not get him in range.  Nothing is better eating (I hope you saved the liver).   Don't feel bad about shooting a button.  I don't like it when folks complain about others killing them, but think nothing about taking a late-season doe (which are often carrying two bucks) themselves.   I have killed a lot of buttons thru the years, including my first deer with a gun, bow, and during late ML season. 

I have no regrets.  If I did, they would disappear at the first taste of the meat.  If anyone is heartbroken over taking a button in WNY, shoot me a pm and I will take him off your hands.   My wife and kids, who like venison as much or more than me, always get real happy when I bring one of those home.    

• Like 4