4 more sleeps til youth hunt

turkeyfeathers

And can't wait ! Washed clothes today and stowed in plastic tub. Saturday's hunt will be til 10:15 or so and rush daughter to ballet , lol. Doesn't seem like her skipping it is needed as what I'm seeing most deer sightings are morning and evening anyhow. Sunday evening sit and have all day on Monday if needed. We've set cams , inventoried bucks , clipped trails on way in , checked blind we built last year , she's shot a bunch practicing, ( $$$ in slugs ) , have a checklist of what I need to pack. We're ready. Her gun has been waiting to be christened for many years. This day has long been awaited. Any deer will be a trophy but not going to lie. Hope she tips over one of the few big 8's we have on cam. They're all bigger than my best , lol. This opening day is by far the most special to me of all time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

And can't wait ! Washed clothes today and stowed in plastic tub. Saturday's hunt will be til 10:15 or so and rush daughter to ballet , lol. Doesn't seem like her skipping it is needed as what I'm seeing most deer sightings are morning and evening anyhow. Sunday evening sit and have all day on Monday if needed. We've set cams , inventoried bucks , clipped trails on way in , checked blind we built last year , she's shot a bunch practicing, ( $$$ in slugs ) , have a checklist of what I need to pack. We're ready. Her gun has been waiting to be christened for many years. This day has long been awaited. Any deer will be a trophy but not going to lie. Hope she tips over one of the few big 8's we have on cam. They're all bigger than my best , lol. This opening day is by far the most special to me of all time !

Good luck. If I can get my hands on a fake ID to be a "youth", can I come hunt one of those 8pts?

• Like 1

Phew......what I'd give to be a little birdie watching from the next little hunk of brush!  I wish you and the little princess all the luck in the world this weekend.  Matter of fact, if the Good Lord has any good fortune waiting for me this fall, hopefully he sends it your way and I get the cob instead.  :)

There's going to be a few of us here waiting on the report!

• Like 6

I know I'll be following this, waiting to see two smiling faces over a beautiful deer! Sending nothing but positive thoughts, best wishes, and good mojo, to you and that lovely ballerina! Got the capital district part of the state in your corner! Great job so far Dad!

• Like 3

Ah man good luck! Wish I had a kid. My daughters are 13 n 16, just outside the age. The little girl I mentor has gone out w a friend of mine pheasant hunting n he invited her along youth day. I assumed she knew Id take her but all that matters is she's going.  My buds neighbor kid moved away n he enjoys it like we all do.   Wish all the youths and mentors the best of luck! Best times of the season. 

• Like 2

I'm available  if anyone wants to take me out..

I'll shave extra close that morning, paint some freckles on my face with brown shoe polish, wear my camouflage beany with the propeller on top, my knee high pants with suspenders, and have a slingshot hanging out of my back pocket.   Oh, and I almost forgot...My P F Flyers..!!...

That oughta fool the fish cops !

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 3

Just dropped off daughter at ballet 15 minute car ride consisted of : " Dad , I'm pretty excited about hunting Saturday " Never knowing if having a boy or girl I'll never regret having a girl. Bright , smart , caring , pretty young thing who enjoys something so special to me : the woods. Been putting crawlers on her own hook since she could barely walk , been taking her to " listen to the woods wake up since she was 2 for turkeys impressed with with 2 fox I shot while calling one night at age of of 4 , she's caught muskrats in her own sets trapping , never once pushed her to hunt or fish , seems it is something she took to naturally. I never could imagine loving one so tremendously. Proud dad and not afraid to boast. I'll have to photo shop out tears of joy this weekend from my ear to ear smile if she puts a deer on the ground. In a nutshell , I'm so happy to have her Some guy , some day is going to be the luckiest SOB to have her as a wife. That I know !

• Like 15

Well put TF, and don't Photoshop anything. If your proud, then show it. I know I would. Wishing my daughter would hunt, but we do fish and shoot together and ill take that any day over nothing. Good luck to both of you and ill be sending good juju your way this weekend!!!

Same to you Fletch. Looking forward to pics from the next generation of hunters carrying on this great tradition.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just dropped off daughter at ballet 15 minute car ride consisted of : " Dad , I'm pretty excited about hunting Saturday " Never knowing if having a boy or girl I'll never regret having a girl. Bright , smart , caring , pretty young thing who enjoys something so special to me : the woods. Been putting crawlers on her own hook since she could barely walk , been taking her to " listen to the woods wake up since she was 2 for turkeys impressed with with 2 fox I shot while calling one night at age of of 4 , she's caught muskrats in her own sets trapping , never once pushed her to hunt or fish , seems it is something she took to naturally. I never could imagine loving one so tremendously. Proud dad and not afraid to boast. I'll have to photo shop out tears of joy this weekend from my ear to ear smile if she puts a deer on the ground. In a nutshell , I'm so happy to have her Some guy , some day is going to be the luckiest SOB to have her as a wife. That I know !

You let them happy tears flow. Real men can do that!

I'm so pulling for you two! And you are a lucky man my friend!

• Like 3

I'm wondering how much sleep a certain Dad and Daughter will get tonight, the night before the first big hunt. Hopefully just enough to get out there and make a memory that will last a lifetime! Best of luck to you two! Will be watching for pic's!

• Like 3