Rut!

LowClimber

In 8F This weekend I had 3 8 points near me. The biggest going about 130" and the smallest I would say around 120". They were no longer in their bachelor groups, the bigger 8 made 3 scraps and was pushing the smaller guys around but no fighting and no chasing. The youngest looked like he was trying to chase one doe but she wasn't having anything to do with that.

In 8Y I haven't saw any rutting activity nothing chasing, haven't saw any real deer to speak of lately other than a 4 point and couple doe. Unfortunately my buddy shot the only doe on his property about a week ago and since I haven't saw any buck activity.

20 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

There is usually this slight lull in action just before the rut starts up. I am hoping this weekend is the start and she goes all out next week. Might have to be sick next week I feel like I'm coming down with a little something.

Rut Cough?  It's going around, I'm told.

Still quiet where I am in 4L.  A few fresh scrapes, but the does are pretty nonchalant and carefree.  Nobody seems to be after them yet.

7H this Saturday I checked my trail cam and noticed a scrape. Its in the same location every year. Had not been visited in a few days though.  Also was not there last weekend when I checked the trail cam. Im off work starting Friday and time to start living the hunters creed.... "Early to bed early to rise. Hunt like hell and make up lies." Good shooting everyone.!!

• Like 3

Should be a decent couple weeks coming up - not a ton of high temp variations and more NW and W winds that usually in wNY.

The 7/8/9th are looking really good with pressure falling in the day on the 8th and some rain witht he backside of that front leaving the 9th. Temp drops about 10 degrees in three hours in the prime time in the evening. Things can change, but those two days are looking primo. The 7th is a high pressure blue bird day.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Should be a decent couple weeks coming up - not a ton of high temp variations and more NW and W winds that usually in wNY.
The 7/8/9th are looking really good with pressure falling in the day on the 8th and some rain witht he backside of that front leaving the 9th. Temp drops about 10 degrees in three hours in the prime time in the evening. Things can change, but those two days are looking primo. The 7th is a high pressure blue bird day.

Do you use an app for the detailed weather info or a webpage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Biz

I hope you knock one down on that new property.  Be cool to start adding photos to your pops collection.

Yea I'll take a 4pt or better with xbow, 6pt or better with gun. Unless something wacky/non-typical walks by, but don't see much of that around me.

3 hours ago, Taylormike said:

If you follow Alsheimer, he says week leading up to gun will be the hottest.  I tend to think this week coming up.  I'll be at camp 6th-19th so I'm excited either way. 

you got it done pre rut so no pressure now for you. You can kick back and relax which is nice. Enjoy. 

• Like 1