Tree id

rachunter

Looks like Beech to me, I have a ton around me and that is just what they look like.. Smooth grayish color bark?? 

I think your 2nd picture is an ash tree, which would have a more course bark like the picture posted above 

Edited by LET EM GROW

My goodness; now I am confused.

1 hour ago, growalot said:

So my property is beech different species of cherry, ash,oak ,hophorn and several species of maple..with a few birch,nuts,locust and witch hazel thrown in...

Top is Beech, middle is Cherry and bottom I think is a choke cherry totally different from wild black cherry

I would agree with the first two grow said. I have thousand of ash on the property. The bottom bark pic  looks like ash bark to me. The bottom limbs are dying off most of our with ash die back disease.  Not to be confused with Emerald Bore. A whitest green moss also grows on the bark of most trees.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

6 hours ago, growalot said:

So my property is beech different species of cherry, ash,oak ,hophorn and several species of maple..with a few birch,nuts,locust and witch hazel thrown in...

Top is Beech, middle is Cherry and bottom I think is a choke cherry totally different from wild black cherry

You should make maple syrup.  With your love of the outdoors you would love the whole process.