Surprised to see this guy

fasteddie

Hard to constantly put up with stuff like this guy strolling through someone else's property. Stuff like this happens on our property. Past Saturday, a guy in an ATV drives up to our cabin door from the back of our property and claims to have gotten twisted driving around. Sonofabee probably thought we were not at our cabin. Of course he tells us about how he has hunted over 30 years near our property and never got twisted around before....sure... sure...heard that one before....probably been driving around for years spooking everything off of our property....plus he stunk of cigarette...piece of work...plus he needed to get to the gym and work off the fat...sort of like that wandering orange blob...

Kinda makes me want to give up on our property, sell it and set up an out west hunt fund and draw off of that...get more enjoyment hunting 5-6 days out west than dealing with the crepe around NYS. 

• Like 2

Hard to constantly put up with stuff like this guy strolling through someone else's property. Stuff like this happens on our property. Past Saturday, a guy in an ATV drives up to our cabin door from the back of our property and claims to have gotten twisted driving around. Sonofabee probably thought we were not at our cabin. Of course he tells us about how he has hunted over 30 years near our property and never got twisted around before....sure... sure...heard that one before....probably been driving around for years spooking everything off of our property....plus he stunk of cigarette...piece of work...plus he needed to get to the gym and work off the fat...sort of like that wandering orange blob...
Kinda makes me want to give up on our property, sell it and set up an out west hunt fund and draw off of that...get more enjoyment hunting 5-6 days out west than dealing with the crepe around NYS. 

This is one of the reasons I don't hunt my 8F family property. You can't keep trespassers out. There's new stands put up every year from different people. It never ends. And according to all the locals, that's what they say.. I used to think that, that was the best hunting around.. blah blah blah. Would still be good if they kept there sleezy asses out of there. Plus it borders/and goes into village property where hunting is illegal. So the deer are plentiful. Sucks the lack of decency from others can change your attitudes and efforts on a personal private property

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Or like this Tool....

This guy wounded a buck and blood tracked him with a few of his pals, into one of our sanctuaries. then lost the buck, and or just gave up... Got to love it..   

Maybe someone here knows if him.. 

Yes the group of guys were approached, and no, zero calls were made to the DEC.. yet..

Oh and the date is off, Pic from 2nd Weekend of last month

EK001175.JPG

Just scouting with his crossbow on private property. The audacity of some people is ridiculous.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I'm sure the Mama of the guy with the crossbow thinks he's special....So did Charles Manson's Mother.

Also, perhaps he attended SPECIAL CLASS in school.

I admit he looks kind of like a dork, but unfortunately, not everybody is as ruggedly handsome as Wooly and me....

Probably the smartest kid in the special class!

• Like 1

The property is owned by a Construction Company . The family that farms it gives us permission to hunt it . Where the guy is standing is on someone else's property . We used to be able to hunt there when the original owner was alive . His son now oversees the estate and they built a house on the property on the Rt 64 . The son left a note on one of our stands that it was private property so we took it down . 

The son had screwed up a couple of my sons hunts by coming into the area and making a lot of noise back when his father was alive on his father's land . He even called the cops and by sons showed them the permission papers signed by the son'd mother . 

I am guessing this guy is a local . No other vehicles were parked anywhere nearby . I don't know what the original owner's son looked like but we thought he wasn't a hunter . Maybe he was just doing his screw up someone else's hunt routine . 

Wasn't expecting this to go to 3 pages . :drinks:

34 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Have you pressed charges? Tell him if he is on there again you will be calling the police and have him ticketed for trespassing. We had a guy that figured because it he had permission to hunt an adjoining property he could ride his ATV across ours the corn was up and didn't want to walk thru it. My grandfather caught him and in a nutshell "never want to see you over there again or else". Never saw him again.

24 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

This is one of the reasons I don't hunt my 8F family property. You can't keep trespassers out. There's new stands put up every year from different people. It never ends. And according to all the locals, that's what they say.. I used to think that, that was the best hunting around.. blah blah blah. Would still be good if they kept there sleezy asses out of there. Plus it borders/and goes into village property where hunting is illegal. So the deer are plentiful. Sucks the lack of decency from others can change your attitudes and efforts on a personal private property

You need to take the stands and leave a note. I had some people that thought they had a brass set walk up to my house and demand to give them back stands. I tell them I would have if you came and apologized, but now they are mine. After they loose a couple hundred dollars in stands they don't bother. Pressing charges usually works too. Our family has gotten a reputation for being jerks on the block but you can only put up with so much.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Have you pressed charges? Tell him if he is on there again you will be calling the police and have him ticketed for trespassing. We had a guy that figured because it he had permission to hunt an adjoining property he could ride his ATV across ours the corn was up and didn't want to walk thru it. My grandfather caught him and in a nutshell "never want to see you over there again or else". Never saw him again.

You need to take the stands and leave a note. I had some people that thought they had a brass set walk up to my house and demand to give them back stands. I tell them I would have if you came and apologized, but now they are mine. After they loose a couple hundred dollars in stands they don't bother. Pressing charges usually works too. Our family has gotten a reputation for being jerks on the block but you can only put up with so much.

We do typically take the stands or at least leave a note saying you do not have permission to be here, do yourself the favor and not come back, until deer season is closed and you can then take your stands down and home. this way they hopefully dont ruin it for us trying to harvest something, it gets real old fast, my grandfather gave up hunting here because of this, so did my uncle. And they are the ones who own the property!! they couldnt take it anymore. you cna only call the law soo many times.. people like this are half the reason we get bad reps..

Not to give my exact location for anyone following my posts lol, but we own along a 2 dif housing tracts and into the village some(this is actually the best funnel/pinch point a hunter could dream of).. but thats where the bulk of the dickheads come from and cross the posted signs to hunt and really ruin the best set up ever. it straight up sucks! i used to see 20-40 deer a sit in this area. it was perfect. 

Speaking of this we just found another stand last week, 40 yards in front of one of ours... 

cant take it much more...

LEG you are being to nice to these guys,  i'm willing to fight to my death to protect my property all year 0 tolerance for any trespasser - anytime - all year!  i had a guy come to my house shaking almost in tears and apologizing because he got lost and walked in front of one my trail cameras  i told him because of his honesty i wont have him arrested... then i pulled out my shotgun and shot his truck and told him to get the F off my porch.. that was back in July haven't seen him since..  

ok i made that up... but unfortunately you have to be a jerk and have people ticketed any chance you get or they will never fear you with no consequences of being caught. 

2 of the dirt bags i had arrested got a slew of other tickets to go along with the trespassing ticket 

• Like 5

LEG you are being to nice to these guys,  i'm willing to fight to my death to protect my property all year 0 tolerance for any trespasser - anytime - all year!  i had a guy come to my house shaking almost in tears and apologizing because he got lost and walked in front of one my trail cameras  i told him because of his honesty i wont have him arrested... then i pulled out my shotgun and shot his truck and told him to get the F off my porch.. that was back in July haven't seen him since..  

ok i made that up... but unfortunately you have to be a jerk and have people ticketed any chance you get or they will never fear you with no consequences of being caught. 
2 of the dirt bags i had arrested got a slew of other tickets to go along with the trespassing ticket 

I totally agree. And have screamed and thrown people off before. Have had to take cover due to flying slugs from these people, and then finish off the deer they unloaded on, just to scream then up and down for doing what they did, hunting on us and unloading a gun..

But As of now my brother basically patrols the property. He lives a mile from the land and hunts it religiously. I can't control it much anymore due to living 60 miles away. But I'll be talking to my brother this weekend at camp and we will be making a plan for tresspassers. I try to be a nice dude, but nice doesn't get you very far in many instances these days.. I will never let these guys beat me, I do love our lands way too much.

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

We do typically take the stands or at least leave a note saying you do not have permission to be here, do yourself the favor and not come back, until deer season is closed and you can then take your stands down and home. this way they hopefully dont ruin it for us trying to harvest something, it gets real old fast, my grandfather gave up hunting here because of this, so did my uncle. And they are the ones who own the property!! they couldnt take it anymore. you cna only call the law soo many times.. people like this are half the reason we get bad reps..

Not to give my exact location for anyone following my posts lol, but we own along a 2 dif housing tracts and into the village some(this is actually the best funnel/pinch point a hunter could dream of).. but thats where the bulk of the dickheads come from and cross the posted signs to hunt and really ruin the best set up ever. it straight up sucks! i used to see 20-40 deer a sit in this area. it was perfect. 

Speaking of this we just found another stand last week, 40 yards in front of one of ours... 

cant take it much more...

I would burn an entire season patrolling it, pressing charges on people, taking stands, etc. After a year of that, you should be getting the point across. Posted signs on every tree on the line, etc as well.

I have access to a property that butts up against state land, I know how it goes. It sucks to have to do, but some years I burn time hunting certain areas of the property where I can catch people coming onto it.

• Like 3

I would burn an entire season patrolling it, pressing charges on people, taking stands, etc. After a year of that, you should be getting the point across. Posted signs on every tree on the line, etc as well.

I have access to a property that butts up against state land, I know how it goes. It sucks to have to do, but some years I burn time hunting certain areas of the property where I can catch people coming onto it.

I do think there will have to be atleast a few weeks spent either this year and or next just patrolling people. My brother would gain it more than me since I haven't hunted there in 2 years. But I'd do it for him and the sake of it being our families property. Since daylight savings happens this weekend. I can't hunt during the weekdays so maybe I'll post it even tighter and rip that stand down too.

• Like 2

When I was younger I did something like this lol. Wasn't the smartest thing ive done, since my shots rang out coincidentally as he was climbing out my stand (he had no idea I was there, my attempts were to ruin his hunt if anything did step out) it could have had some bad consequences but it ended up ok and never saw a tresspassers the rest of that year

Again not the smartest choice lol

• Like 1