After season

nodeerhere

45 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

Do u actually build them urself? 

I'm in the process of learning , I pay a guy to tune them ,as he tunes them and i shoot it ,he explains what and why we are making the adjustment . I look at as if im paying to go to school.

• Like 1

How about try this: take some time off from deer and deer hunting you got 11 months till deer season. Spend some time with friends and family there’s more to life than deer hunting. You have the Holladay’s coming buy your significant other something nice.

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

How about try this: take some time off from deer and deer hunting you got 11 months till deer season. Spend some time with friends and family there’s more to life than deer hunting. You have the Holladay’s coming buy your significant other something nice.

I spend time with friends and family with hunting related things.  Actually it can bring us closer together.  Everything in life is better with balance and moderation tho.

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

Why I mean why? All I was trying to do was get some ideas from fellow hunters on what they do after season to prepare for the next season. And every time some buddy has to say something stupid!!! I do spend time with friends and family and take great care of my family also. I really enjoy hunting and was trying to fund some new ideas! Is that ok!!! Man most of u guys and gals are very cool! But there are sum real winners on here too!!! 

• Like 1

I think im gonna do an Elite Synergy this year , I thought about doing another Pure because my 3D rig shoots so good , part of decision depends on the deals i can find once i start looking , i never buy new .

There is a beautiful Pure on the Letgo app, loaded for $550. Accessories are $400 easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hey Nodeerhere,

I'm at the point where I'm looking forward to the end of gun season for deer.  I'll be bow hunting 12/12-12/20, then I'll be excited to get my dog with me again.  We'll be hunting small game through Feb.  During this time, I'll also be carefully scouting deer to see who made it and who didn't.  This helps me with planning my fall bow hunt - not saying what they're doing in Jan-Feb is anything like what they're doing in Oct., but you know how those bucks are, they stick to a pretty tight grid.  I think late season is the best time to figure out where that is.  Anyhow, then you got ice fishing... Then you have the month of May to try turkey.  After that it's ticks, mosquitoes, heat and humidity and that means time to work on the garden.  Non-hunting wise, lots of Netflix binge watching, crazy YouTube deep dives and PC games.  I like reading too.  

• Like 1

I honestly can't wait for deer season to be done. I want to take my dogs hunting and not worry about some idiot shooting them. 

I have some maintence work that needs to be done on my stand. I learned I need a blind in a certain spot, so while there is not snow now leaves I would like to clean that area up. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Grandpa said:

Start laying out plans for tweaking stands and plots for next year.  Just ordered an electric fence set-up.  Anyone ever plant soy beans as a plot?  

I would not put soybeans in in the spring again.  I did that last season and it was a coyote magnet.  I would prefer the does be someplace else during fawning season.   Soybeans are a great "sweetener" to add to late summer wheat/clover mix plantings however.    September is the perfect time to draw doe's with fawns onto your land, after the fawns are big enough to evade the coyotes.  My suggestion would be to stick to corn as a spring planting, or skip it entirely and concentrate on late summer plantings.   

I will be squirrel hunting post season.  I will pack the crossbow until the ML big-game season ends, just in case a bear shows up (I would settle for one of those, having no more deer tags for where I am headed to).  I don't expect a bear (probably hibrinated), but killing deer with a crossbow is like taking candy from a baby compared to squirrels and I am up for the challenge (for one long weekend anyhow).   After ML ends, I will tote my Ruger 10-22 for the tree rats, until the end of February.   Then it will be ice fishing and jig-tying time. 

A little bit of squirrel, bear, or fish would be nice to go along with the (5) fresh deer in the freezer this year.  I would like to provide for my wife to mix things up a bit, so the kid's don't get too sick of that. I won't worry about deer again until spring plowing time, to get ready for some larger corn plots.   I am all in there next season, since that kept my boneless venison cost below $1.00 per pound this year after subtracting all input costs.