Need a new gas grill

bugsNbows

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My cover is shot. Just bought a new yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My neighbors downwind have a few grill covers and garbage can lids of ours   Hope they enjoy. 

Have any of you put together a grill ? Who'd think it was more of a  PITA than putting something together from IKEA 

• Like 3

No gas grills for me. I am switched over completely to charcoal and wood. If I want to cook with gas, we do it all the time  with the gas stove in the kitchen. But if I want that outdoors flavor, I need the smoke and flavor that charcoal provides. And if I am really serious about top end flavor, I have facilities over in our picnic area for a good controlled wood fire. Now that is "outdoor grilling" with all the benefits and features that I am looking for when I want a grilled chunk of food.

• Like 2

My neighbors downwind have a few grill covers and garbage can lids of ours   Hope they enjoy. 
Have any of you put together a grill ? Who'd think it was more of a  PITA than putting something together from IKEA 

My gas grill was a wedding gift from my uncle. One of my buddies got so banged up the night before my bachelor party he couldn't leave the house to play golf with us the next day. He crawled out of bed at some point and assembled the grill! That's a hero people
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

No gas grills for me. I am switched over completely to charcoal and wood. If I want to cook with gas, we do it all the time  with the gas stove in the kitchen. But if I want that outdoors flavor, I need the smoke and flavor that charcoal provides. And if I am really serious about top end flavor, I have facilities over in our picnic area for a good controlled wood fire. Now that is "outdoor grilling" with all the benefits and features that I am looking for when I want a grilled chunk of food.

I have a charcoal - wood grill but just takes to long. When we want to eat I don't want to start 2 hours ahead of time every time we want to put something on the grill. But yes I do like that smoke flavor from time to time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My cover is shot. Just bought a new yesterday.

honestly i got the brand name replacements and they seemed to breakdown and rip still.  They've been around $35 i think.  Last one though i got at Walmart just a generic 65 or 70" to fit my grill was around $25 and seems to be holding up a lot longer.  Grill stays out all winter and throughout the year it gets windy at my place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

my Char-Griller Duo wasn't bad but time consuming.  i was basically doing two grills though not just one.  problem is i put it together inside on a rainy day then wasn't sure i was going to get it out the door.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

my Char-Griller Duo wasn't bad but time consuming.  i was basically doing two grills though not just one.  problem is i put it together inside on a rainy day then wasn't sure i was going to get it out the door.

True story: We have a light up Nativity set so I wanted to build a manger for it. I did it in my basement and it didnt fit up the stairs. The web of profanity I wove that night still extends out over WNY and beyond

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sodfather said:

I have a charcoal - wood grill but just takes to long. When we want to eat I don't want to start 2 hours ahead of time every time we want to put something on the grill. But yes I do like that smoke flavor from time to time.

Chimney starter. You'll have a usable grill ready in about 15-20 minutes.

If you really want to speed things up, get multiple chimney starters and spread out the total charcoal (lump I hope) in each. 

But if you do want to stick to gas for the convenience, use a smokebox (sits on top of the burners and below the grate) to get some more smoke/wood flavor.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:26 PM, TACC said:

For $1300 That Better Be Just The start of what it can do

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Genesis-E-330-Copper-3-Burner-38-000-BTU-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill-with-Side-Burner/3318442

I have two years on this one and I love it. It has an additional burner in between two normal ones that you light for searing. Does a wonderful job. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, uberyan said:

Chimney starter. You'll have a usable grill ready in about 15-20 minutes.

If you really want to speed things up, get multiple chimney starters and spread out the total charcoal (lump I hope) in each. 

But if you do want to stick to gas for the convenience, use a smokebox (sits on top of the burners and below the grate) to get some more smoke/wood flavor.

that's what i do if i use my propane side.

13 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

UPDATE:

I have just ordered the TEC G-Sport infrared grill. It should fit my purposes to a "T". I'm configuring the stand from my old grill for the new grill. Should be the "bugs nuts". LOL

My next grill will be similar, im going to build an outdoor kitchen across the back of the house. I have water, waste, and gas right below the spot so hookups should be a cinch

13 hours ago, Doc said:

And if I am really serious about top end flavor, I have facilities over in our picnic area for a good controlled wood fire.

Well now...............looks like the huntingny.com boys and girls just stumbled onto the first annual Spring Rendezvous location for 2017.

Next step is pinning down a date, then figuring out who's bringing what food/drink. 

Thanks for offering up your place Doc!  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My next grill will be similar, im going to build an outdoor kitchen across the back of the house. I have water, waste, and gas right below the spot so hookups should be a cinch

And you can host the Fall Festival........ :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

According to this forecast we may lose the entire grill, nevermind the cover. Blowing 60+!

Been non stop here at work , wires down , trees down onto houses , light poles down. Every time we go for a pole down we yell to the polish guy, " hurry one of you comrades is down !

keeping with the thread , we did get to cook on our grill , but it took a few attempts .

• Like 3

Better cinch down those straps and put a couple bricks on top tonight. Sheet is heading your way fast.........

Wind? Even with gusts over 40mph, never had the cover come off.