What's Your Town Motto?

grampy

Town of Cheektowaga, I heard back in the day, was known as the land of the crabapple. I guess that counts as a motto...Cheektowaga not much to write home about, Except Buffalo gun Center...

The travel softball teams were the Crabapples until they changed it last year. I always liked that name

9 hours ago, Elmo said:

Umm...The Big Apple.  The City That Never Sleeps.  The Financial Capital of the World.  Am I forgetting any?

Ya, A place I'd never live if you tripled my pay. 

No offense I have a lot of respect for anyone that lives there and goes through all the hassle  to hunt . But it is not for me . When I spent a month going to FDNY 's " flips" school , I felt so sorry for those guys .

Little known fact about Lancaster

In the late 1960s, Buffalo developer Edward H. Cottrell proposed what would have been the world's second domed stadium in Lancaster. The Dome Stadium Incorporated was formed but the County refused to participate and resulted in a 20-year breach of contract litigation and eventually lead a dismissal in 1986

Edited by turkeyfeathers

They don't seem to have one...Though growing up in North Dansville as a kid...I seem to recall "sin city" being bantered around by my older siblings. Not quite sure if it was Dansville or Wayland they were referring to.

I suppose if it is to be the "home of " Dansville was home of the Mustangs and where I finished school was York the home of the Golden Knights.

Edited by growalot

Ya, A place I'd never live if you tripled my pay. 
No offense I have a lot of respect for anyone that lives there and goes through all the hassle  to hunt . But it is not for me . When I spent a month going to FDNY 's " flips" school , I felt so sorry for those guys .

That's why I love Westchester (except the real estate taxes). Great schools, short commute to NYC for good pay, tons of fishing and Hunting opps. Can be in CT, NJ, etc in no time. 3hrs tops drive to Boston, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geneva, NY; A great little drinking city with a fishing problem.

Okay, I stole that from somewhere in Florida. Islamorada maybe?

Geneva's motto is different depending on your direction of entry: "Tree City", "Lake Trout Capital of the World", "Speed Zone Ahead", etc.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Geneva, NY; A great little drinking city with a fishing problem.

Okay, I stole that from somewhere in Florida. Islamorada maybe?

Geneva's motto is different depending on your direction of entry: "Tree City", "Lake Trout Capital of the World", "Speed Zone Ahead", etc.

Geneva has a nice Legion post also....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Little known fact about Lancaster

In the late 1960s, Buffalo developer Edward H. Cottrell proposed what would have been the world's second domed stadium in Lancaster. The Dome Stadium Incorporated was formed but the County refused to participate and resulted in a 20-year breach of contract litigation and eventually lead a dismissal in 1986

This is true I just heard something like that on the radio not to long ago.