Have Turkey? Want Quality Trail Cameras?

Interesting proposition for the right party.

Moog, me, and our friend hunt together.

As fortunate of deer hunters as we are, our properties are either void of turkey or have very small numbers of birds that pass on the peripheral areas. Nothing allowing more than a hunt or two for the full Spring season. Add in a random day at Letchworth, and we're lucky if we get out more than 2x in the month.

We're in search of a party interested in trading a day or weekend of access to prime turkey ground in exchange for new trail camera(s). I know there are some people on this site who hunt hard for deer but pass on turkey hunting. Arrangements can be flexible based on the situation, but we have a goal of this being a like/in-kind deal.

All of us are located in Rochester. Some travel distance is possible based on the specifics.

PM if interested.

Edited by phade

i'm probably too far being way out past Albany.  I also haven't scouted much this year to guarantee there's many birds there or set up any blinds yet.  despite there's birds there every year.  not reseeding any hay fields either this year that tends to draw them in a bit.

Have you guys considered the water shed around Canadice and Hemlock? I just drove by a large expanse of land not even near the lakes themselves  with great turkey #'s showing...The north end and the south end of Hemcock and the north end of Canadice... Is turkey hunting allowed in Stoney brook? I take it your just looking for private land hunting? think or the fishing you could get in when coming down the scout....The south end of Conesus

Edited by growalot

5 hours ago, grampy said:

Have you guys found a spot yet? You all would be welcome here. Not what I'd call a turkey hot spot, but do have some birds. 4-H 30 miles outside Albany in the hilltowns. Would not want anything in return.

lots of opportunity between us and them grampy.  i'd feel bad taking a cam to come out this far.  they're already spending that much in gas and tolls! haha

• Like 1

Yes, I'm sure there is much better turkey grounds between us. And it is a long haul. But the chance to meet phade, moog and I would assume Larry, would be really cool! Good group of guys. We do have almost 500 acres between two properties. But don't have a big population of birds. Although they are making a come back over the last couple of years. And we do have some turkeys. At one point some years ago it was common to see different flocks of 30 or more birds on each end of the property. But an increasing predator population and a few brutal winters took a hard toll on them. Was up doing some chores after work tonight, and saw two nice toms, strutting for a half dozen hens, a couple fields over. Hoping we can get one of those for my grandson. We'll see. 

How did I miss this post?  What kind of hunters are we that we need to trade cameras to get on a bird?  Well, in light of our 4 year history of seeing none, the kind that need to kill a turkey.   lol

Thanks for the offers guys.  Very nice of you.  I will leave this proposal and the responses to phade. 

Grampy, get Zac a bird first, then we can catch up whether for turkey, fishing, deer, whatever.

• Like 1