Heat wave

Water Rat

The good news is that the timing is perfect for  the turkey hatch...Warm dry weather the first three weeks of June is critical, since the average hatching date is around June 11th or thereabouts  according to a study made a few years back.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

The good news is that the timing is perfect for  the turkey hatch...Warm dry weather the first three weeks of June is critical, since the average hatching date is around June 11th or thereabouts  according to a study made a few years back.

Yes, wouldn't be surprised if they bred late this year, wettest spring I remember for a long time.

Back in for my first break...not bad planting the seeds and tilling the area for corn...but then the sun made it over the trees...I needed to get lime and the tractor anyways...picked rocks in the now very shaded lane way plot ...Sun angle and now full leaf out ...which I expected...... get her nicely limed and dragged flat then go to town on trees I've picked out...a few poplar that are 40 ft away and just the right height to block the morning sun and a few half dead ash..

Ya turkey hatches well just in time for everyone that didn't get a chance to mow fields trails and hay to do it now...there have been several hens walking about alone here....I am really hoping due to their SAFE nests having not hatched yet...I give it another 3 weeks before I know for sure, Then there is the polish guy that eats turkey eggs and manages to find the nest on his place...why do people tell me these things? :mda:

Back again for lunch and dryer sheets...I thought the black flies were bad...I looked like a crazed maniac when a SWARM of deer fly engulfed me...WTH! They seem to be mainly in the woods(poor deer)...but sweat bees and the yellow jackets are in full force out in the open. I should just get a bug suit and be done with it These sprays and stuff do nothing and I think the sun lotion attracts them...

First liming and discing is done on lane way plot...now finish tree cutting and I can seed, top dress lime and drag that area....

Edited by growalot

I'm back again from mowing...letting machine cool while I chew on some ice...that cools my brain...literally... the ice cools the blood vessels in my mouth and throat cooling the blood a bit as it travels ... I just have to be careful of "brain freezes" by chewing too much too soon when I'm really hot. Air conditioned cab I'd be happy with a shade roof...lol

Same here , we never sprung for central air, figured if we needed a new furnace we'd do it all at once . But that old furnace just keeps a running .

we really  don't like the noise of the window ones though .

• Like 4

The A/C in the tractor is mainly for air filtration. It's not healthy breathing in all the dust and debris a 10 foot mower creates. Slamming the cab door knocks off most of the loose junk from the ventilation system, but it takes compressed air 3 or 4 times a day to clean the radiator and screens. When I was a kid a wet bandana over my face was the best I could do. Hey, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger, right?

• Like 2

Replacing some deck stairs and railing work last few days; after 9am not a lick of shade.

Its great!

Primer dries kinda fast, but I can live with that.

After 5 months outside this past winter building off a generator for most of a project due to piss poor planning......I'm ready for some warm.

• Like 1

A gallon of water and a couple of sandwiches in my pocket, I'm good to go. An articulated boom mower is actually kinda fun to run as well. It wears thin after ten to twelve hours, but there's always a sense of accomplishment. I also run discs and clod-choppers in the winter, but I'd rather be working in the summer. Pumping the grease gun in the winter is a PITA, and there are a lot of grease fittings on the rigs that I run.

Stay safe folks. Keep hydrated, and add a little salt now and then.