Where are those plots?

Haven't taken any pics this year for some reason. Must be from being in a hurry non stop lol. Without pics I'll update until I can take some. Soybeans are doing good, getting browsed since my homemade barrier didn't go up until a week or so ago. But all 3 plots range in size from ankle height to knee/thigh height. They've all been spray again and one had been overseeded with rutabaga on this past Monday. Other 2 will be overseeded first of August ish.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Boy I have so many fall ones to do I'm not sure I'll be able to...was up 5 times last night and when I got up at 5 this morning Mr B said eeewww you better go back to bed....your eyes have inner tubes under them....gee thanks hun!!! ....well I did and didn't wake until 9am...the whole day shot.....half cup odf coffee and out for my walk and 3 hours of weeding around individual plants...Now quick bite and a shower ...off to do the shopping after putting in a load of clothes...then home to pick berries..So no land work for me today!,,, Oh did take alfalfa/clover seed to the plot I planted oats in during the rain yeserday...hand tossed it out around the plot...done!

ag fields are fine.  was going to get some DeerAg but i haven't gotten time.  we'll see if i can get a couple kill plots in.  couple i want to get to flooded out.  banks are washed so i can't get the compact tractor in there.  second year in a row my food plots are left for fawning cover.

Disc'd a few times, sprayed it yesterday. Planting frigid forage Big n Beasty in the next week or two, whenever we get a good rain forecast. Also have a clover and chicory plot that's doin good. Farmer didn't plant my 12 acre field this year so we will see what this year brings.

20170722_105241.jpg

20170722_105247.jpg

• Like 2

Here's one of mine. Got a little wet with the flood last week. Never ever saw the creek that high. My clover/brassica is behind the tractor in first pic, and to the left in other pics. Was under 4' of water at high tide. The brassica held on but the clover does not look like it will recover. Thanks kfully the 20 acres of beans in that field are coming back great. 9c107cdef3603139a5048949f7c96b8e.jpg8325f1b69e6595c432a033d016579430.jpg02542cedc9e375ebd7ce5154d43d614a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, that ^^ is a lot of water for this time of year.  Our place in western NY looks like that many years in the spring, but not too often in the mid-summer.  We just got back from our annual VA beach summer vacation where the place I usually get my turnip seeds was sold out.   Fortunately, Rinehart's in Middleport had them for $3.50 a pound, so I picked up some there, plus some wheat ($8.00 per 50 pound bag), white clover ($4.50 per pound), and a few $9.00 bags of 10-20-20 fertilizer.

I was able to plow down some old clover for a turnip plot yesterday and the moisture content in the soil was just about perfect for real easy plowing.   I also sprayed gly on one of last year's corn plots, that I had bushed-hogged a few weeks ago.   After the weeds brown up in a couple weeks, I will disk that spot up to get it ready for a fresh wheat/soybean/white clover mix plot around mid August.  I hope to get the turnip plot in by the end of July, but that might slip to early August depending on rains.    

My 2-1/2 corn plot, which is on well drained ground is looking especially good this year, but there is a little standing water on my smaller, low-lying, poorly drained, 1-1/2 acre plot.   I did the same thing last season, and that low, small plot turned out to be the bigger producer in the record drought we had.  If we keep getting so much rain, that smaller plot that did so good last year might be a bust.  

I always try and have some plots on ground that holds moisture well and on ground that drains well (it is tough to find both together).  It usually pays off to have all your bases covered because the weather is seldom predictable, and the computer age has done nothing to help long-range weather forecasting.  I am always amazed that way back in 1944,  IKE was able to learn when a small window of good weather would occur, allowing for the beach invasion of fortress Europe, over a week in advance.  Today they can't seem to tell if it will rain or if the wind will blow hard, or from what direction, later on the same day.             

Planted clover and chicory on a logging road, first year and I was surprised to have many pictures within a couple weeks of planting. Maple tree hanging over that road had has made a communal scrape.

I will post more when my driveshaft is back together and I can visit my cabin. Has been a month and I'm hoping killing grass has helped my main plot.

Screenshot_20170722-203907.png

Screenshot_20170722-203937.png

Screenshot_20170722-203952.png

Screenshot_20170722-204009.png

Screenshot_20170722-203945.png

• Like 2

We're running a little later than normal this year due to the wet weather. We got 1 corn, 1 bean and 1 corn and bean in late. The bean plot was completely wiped out by the neighbors cows that got out. The other two are doing good though. No pics of them. We are going to start spraying the brassica and wr plots soon. 

o the loggers wiped out my murder plot(clovers) pretty well this past May. I didn't spray anything and just broadcasted Real World Soybeans into it. Up until 2 weeks ago I sprayed gly at a 3% mix.. not really caring if it killed the clovers or not. It did make alot of it at least dormant of not dead. But the gly is did its magic. Tonight I overseeded more DeerAg trophy clover with added chicory. As well as a brassica mix that had Ethiopian Cabbage, PTT, GHR, Rutabaga and winfred brassicas. Calling for rain this week so hopefully it takes.. there's plenty enough duff to lay down with a good rain so.. we should be ok 20170731_163951.thumb.jpg.3dfb0b3473fba9

• Like 1

Here's the new end of my murder plot the loggers so graciously made larger for me.. just a wide log rd that opens up at the end great staging area. DeerAg with the real world beans.. both planted same day and getting grazed heavily 20170731_162459.thumb.jpg.dcc51c9d82a050

• Like 3

5a73b336f66f801535676a169ec7338b.jpg&key=69318bebde958265901757776513e5d0464b0f145d529cc243308b571a0332af.
Don't know how to take the buck out but here is a Clover,Alfalfa,Chicory plot that is doing awesome even being grazed pretty heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

209" in velvet gross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Due to EVERYTHING  being a mud hole and looking to rain again I took the  camera on my walk and took a few plot pics...until battery dies so here are some done...prepped and maybe a couple of re-do's...definitely many more that will be done when the WG seed come in...the alfalfa chestnut paddock plot is exploding with the rain and cold temps we are in the 50's here.

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2020.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

• Like 1