Jump to content

First Shot Daily Pics


DirtTime

Recommended Posts

On 8/29/2022 at 7:33 PM, BowmanMike said:

I imagine a thumb release being tricky. I stuck with my index release because it took me long enough to get my DL right. I try to activate it by using my back muscles and not the finger.

as TCIII said they're way better. 98% of the index trigger releases have a ridiculous amount of creep with the the sear. you have to ride it out using just preload with your finger followed by backtension. cheap handhelds you'll gain nothing from but good (more expensive) ones like Stan, Carter, or some of the TRU Ball releases have a crisp break with not a lot of travel. similar to a good rifle trigger. problem is if you drop them from a stand or on something hard they're garbage and no longer work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

as TCIII said they're way better. 98% of the index trigger releases have a ridiculous amount of creep with the the sear. you have to ride it out using just preload with your finger followed by backtension. cheap handhelds you'll gain nothing from but good (more expensive) ones like Stan, Carter, or some of the TRU Ball releases have a crisp break with not a lot of travel. similar to a good rifle trigger. problem is if you drop them from a stand or on something hard they're garbage and no longer work.

Maybe I will give one a try next year. I think my ventum is adjustable for DL anyway...as long as I am not right at the end of the adjustability. I am at 30" now. Do you usually have to add to your DL when going for a thumb release?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heyyyy,must be getting close to the season,rob is shooting!!:taunt:
I was starting to feel bow shaming. Lol. Yeah thru the bow and target in the truck and going to try to take some lunch shots a few times a week! It's getting too close.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I was starting to feel bow shaming. Lol. Yeah thru the bow and target in the truck and going to try to take some lunch shots a few times a week! It's getting too close.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
 

All good Rob,this works for you so it's fine. Hope you get one with the bow this year...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

All good Rob,this works for you so it's fine. Hope you get one with the bow this year...

Thanks. I should def shoot more, but i get to tweaking it too much and it seems like i over think it. I used to hit a bunch of 3D shoots and do a lot of target but just have gotten away from that and it actually seems to help me.   Plus ive had this bow 6 years now so pretty well shoot it without even thinking these days.  Thinking though maybe next year an upgrade......   Hope to see you down one.  If i remember this last season you dropped a couple of does??  Im hoping for one this year to refill the freezer.  And a buck is always a bonus. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Maybe I will give one a try next year. I think my ventum is adjustable for DL anyway...as long as I am not right at the end of the adjustability. I am at 30" now. Do you usually have to add to your DL when going for a thumb release?

not really to the extent you're changing bow module or cam settings for half inch adjustment. i've never had to change mine aside from micro adjustments in d-loop length and your anchor points might change. nose and corner of mouth will still be two of them but getting another with the hand held somewhere on your jaw might make you move a little up or down the string for something that's repeatable.

(edit) ...also with what i said your peep position might change.

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Thanks. I should def shoot more, but i get to tweaking it too much and it seems like i over think it. I used to hit a bunch of 3D shoots and do a lot of target but just have gotten away from that and it actually seems to help me.   Plus ive had this bow 6 years now so pretty well shoot it without even thinking these days.  Thinking though maybe next year an upgrade......   Hope to see you down one.  If i remember this last season you dropped a couple of does??  Im hoping for one this year to refill the freezer.  And a buck is always a bonus. 

Good memory Rob. I shot both not far from my barn,almost felt like cheating a bit. The bow doe I saw when I drove back home and I got my bow and snuck up on her. She was young and not smart and the terrain made it easy. The gun one I shot 300 yds from where i shot the bow one,also saw it on my way to the barn to do chores. I went and grabbed the muzzleloader and snuck up on that group. The wind helped me on that. This year I really want to kill some bucks and in the woods...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good memory Rob. I shot both not far from my barn,almost felt like cheating a bit. The bow doe I saw when I drove back home and I got my bow and snuck up on her. She was young and not smart and the terrain made it easy. The gun one I shot 300 yds from where i shot the bow one,also saw it on my way to the barn to do chores. I went and grabbed the muzzleloader and snuck up on that group. The wind helped me on that. This year I really want to kill some bucks and in the woods...
Nothing wrong with a good barn doe to fill the freezer though. Good luck on the bucks this year let's fill out tags!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I will give one a try next year. I think my ventum is adjustable for DL anyway...as long as I am not right at the end of the adjustability. I am at 30" now. Do you usually have to add to your DL when going for a thumb release?

No but your peep will probably need to move


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First arrows since last year . Shoulder is currently working and old eyes are seeing a single pin so far and not two fuzzy ones where there should be one like last year .

I need to go down and clear one path , and trim the weeds around another stand , next week sometime . Oh and I guess I should buy my license too .

E02B31C8-2A69-4F87-B143-0BE87E14EED7.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took some interesting lunch shots.

First 2 shots got a damn Robin Hood. The arrows I shoot the company is out of business. So that's not great. But form is def good.

Then after those two shots this little fella pops out into the trail just past my target. Great looking Fisher. Squeaked at him a couple of times and he kept looking long enough to get a picture or two. He came out about 8 yards from my target. Zoom in on the last pic .

Form is def good but noticed my site is out of whack. It's off the marker left for sure. Must've loosened up or I didn't tighten it well last time I adjusted. 796dee1417c01cc8c064c685a5579299.jpg82ec5d7cf0136c72c33031a483260638.jpga948d6f48fc78fdbcfc62acc7fa2dd9d.jpg6eb0b408d971675835590a7c7bcf9466.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...