First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

On 8/4/2017 at 2:38 PM, moog5050 said:

I shoot an arrow or 2 at 20yds when I let the dog out first thing in the morning.  If I  am going to shoot a bad one, it's going to happen most likely when I am stiff and crusty eyed.  Lol.   Did ok today.  Slightly low but I will take it. 

IMG_0820.JPG

How do you like that target? I have been thinking about getting one. Can they be used with broadheads? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Sir-diealot said:

How do you like that target? I have been thinking about getting one. Can they be used with broadheads? Thanks.

Really solid targets.  16 faces.  You can use it with broadheads.  Obviously they chew it up faster as it’s dense foam but it’s solid.   

• Like 1

Went to shoot today for the first time this season and couldn't find my release or my backup release or my tuning tool. I typically make a deliberate point to keep them in the same location (usually in my bow case!) so that I don't lose them, but apparently that failed. I know they're all together, wherever they are. I've searched the entire house in all the possible places where I keep my hunting stuff, but didn't come up with them so I ordered a new release. Hopefully it arrives soon so I can get some practice in.

5 hours ago, Bolt action said:

Went to shoot today for the first time this season and couldn't find my release or my backup release or my tuning tool. I typically make a deliberate point to keep them in the same location (usually in my bow case!) so that I don't lose them, but apparently that failed. I know they're all together, wherever they are. I've searched the entire house in all the possible places where I keep my hunting stuff, but didn't come up with them so I ordered a new release. Hopefully it arrives soon so I can get some practice in.

Check the pocket of the coat you wore on your last hunt.  That’s where mine was!

• Like 1

Just got some land (50 plus acres) & house in CT. Not only is September hunting great but as a landowner you start rifle season November 1st.
My Cams are picking up a lot of deer & bear. Unfortunately bear hunting is illegal in CT. Only exception is if you’re about to be eaten. You never know when that NY bear tag may come in handy… just kidding…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! What part of CT? I was close to buying a house in Fairfield county but it didn’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Winsted CT.
Bought the property right before the housing boom.
Literally 2 hours from Manhattan.
Very laid back, nice people. A lot of deer plus bear.
Near Litchfield, Great Barrington, skiing, etc
Plus the taxes are a hell of a lot less than NY.

• Like 2

Congrats! What part of CT? I was close to buying a house in Fairfield county but it didn’t work out.

Thanks!
Wish I could live there permanently but still got bills to pay.
Winsted CT great town & escape from communist NYC!

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 5:17 AM, moog5050 said:

Really solid targets.  16 faces.  You can use it with broadheads.  Obviously they chew it up faster as it’s dense foam but it’s solid.   

Thanks bud, have to go get my new rest this week or next so I can start shooting the compound, playing with the recurve already.

19 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Mid season form right there. Nice

Thanks I like to make sure I'm on early so if I have an off day I know it's me not the bow.  Biggest thing I do though is shoot 3 times once I know I'm dialed in.  Just to help myself focus on those 3 shots instead of shooting 50arrows in a row.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The old one should show up any second lol

I figured out where it was right after i ordered the new one. Left it along with my adjustment tool and my spare release at a buddy's house. I'll end up using this new one and giving my older backup to my son.

• Like 1