Oohh noooo.....

growalot

I certainly hope this is a fluke....couple  flock of geese just flew over honking and heading south...I know its cool out and going low 40's the next couple of nights..may even hit high 30,s here..but the geese already???...early winter? Another snowy bow season?....hhmmmm

3 hours ago, growalot said:

I certainly hope this is a fluke....couple  flock of geese just flew over honking and heading south...I know its cool out and going low 40's the next couple of nights..may even hit high 30,s here..but the geese already???...early winter? Another snowy bow season?....hhmmmm

I love hunting in the snow ...couple inches of fresh snow during bow season would be awesome. Perfect time to walk

• Like 1

I'll take some of that. We are still in the mid 90's... everyday. 

I had to laugh...I went out to do errands and what do I see at 11 :45 am ...smoke flowing out of several wood burning stove chimneys..... I get down in the valley and it's actually warm ...we are wearing jackets and fleece up here...

1 hour ago, growalot said:

I had to laugh...I went out to do errands and what do I see at 11 :45 am ...smoke flowing out of several wood burning stove chimneys..... I get down in the valley and it's actually warm ...we are wearing jackets and fleece up here...

Same here 

been watching the woolly bear caterpillars I can say from my farmer experience be it worth a grain of salt are not, But we farmers go by the amount of orange in the little buggers show and just let me say this I have yet to see any Black on them counted 17 yesterday coming off a load of hay only one had a little black on him seems theirs always a hold out lol. the barn swallows have left orange county the fruit and apple trees are so loaded they are almost touching the ground the hornets have made there hives way up and the squirrels are hiding there nuts and seeds way up in the trees. all signs points to a snowy cold winter hopefully my senses are wrong but 8 out of 10 I have been right guess we will know in the spring!!  

By the way speaking of unusual weather related activity, did anyone other than us note the complete lack of tent caterpillars, and gypsy moths/caterpillars, and Japanese beetles? For quite a few years I have had a massive running battle with these critters in my fruit trees (actually, they killed two cherry trees and two apricot trees from defoliation. This year not a one showed up. I would have thought that with the more moderate winter last year it would have been a massive crop of these things and yet we got away without any.

What have the rest of you been seeing as far as these tree-eating critters this year?