Subaru ?

Nomad

My wife has a 2014 Forester that is great. This car is the best car that I have ever driven. I'm a pickup guy!  I've been looking for a new truck, since my 05 Dakota is rusted apart. I've looked at Rams and Silverados and I'm concerned with all the problems that they are having. I'm considering just taking her Forester and buying her an Outback. The only concern I have with the Subaru is ground clearance in the woods. 

3 minutes ago, Karpteach said:

My wife has a 2014 Forester that is great. This car is the best car that I have ever driven. I'm a pickup guy!  I've been looking for a new truck, since my 05 Dakota is rusted apart. I've looked at Rams and Silverados and I'm concerned with all the problems that they are having. I'm considering just taking her Forester and buying her an Outback. The only concern I have with the Subaru is ground clearance in the woods. 

Obviously Subaru doesn't have as much clearance as a truck but pretty sure the Forester has more than the Outback though

On 9/21/2017 at 9:08 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

My forester will drive circles around my truck in all bad road conditions other than a lot of snow. It gets over 30mpg even with the high miles. Still drives down the road as straight as a string. Has hauled more deer than most trucks. It fits my ice fishing sled and gear perfectly.

I average about 15k miles on the forester a year and less than 5k on my trucks. When my forester has to be put down here will be another in the yard within a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most AWD will, my father in laws yukon XL has AWD with the stabilitrack and is a total tank in snow. Our little pontiac vibe and Traverse are AWD and same deal. My truck doesn't have Limited slip but in slippery situations and 4WD in there isn't much she can't handle. Best thing someone can get for their truck is limited slip, granted it takes a little finesse to drive when it's slick and 4wd isn't in but definitely worth the investment.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

NY is a big state. People still wear Jorts and cargo shorts too lol.

What's wrong with cargo shorts? I wear them. Especially hiking or camping. Extra pockets are always good.

I'll stop wearing cargo shorts when I stop seeing people my age ( 46 ) wearing their pants/shorts hanging off their a$$! If you want to really be cool and show people your undies, just wear them on the outside!

:newrussian:

• Like 4

What's wrong with cargo shorts? I wear them. Especially hiking or camping. Extra pockets are always good.
I'll stop wearing cargo shorts when I stop seeing people my age ( 46 ) wearing their pants/shorts hanging off their a$$! If you want to really be cool and show people your undies, just wear them on the outside!
:newrussian:

I wear old cargo shorts fishing or working outside also, but that is where the line is drawn. They should not be allowed on a golf course (most say it but don’t enforce it) or at parties/events.

23 hours ago, fasteddie said:

My oldest son thinks that because the Subi has all wheel drive that I should be able to drive it through the fields like he does with his Big Chevy Truck . If the body wasn't so close to the ground , I probably could . 

Youd be surprised. I was at the mud runs this summer up at Spencer speedway. I was sitting on the tailgate shooting the breeze with some guys parked next to me when this little Subaru WRX pulled into the mud pits. We laughed a bit until he drove right through the mud and ruts no sweat.

subby.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I wear old cargo shorts fishing or working outside also, but that is where the line is drawn. They should not be allowed on a golf course (most say it but don’t enforce it) or at parties/events.

I need to golf with cargo shorts, I need some place to carry extra golf balls to replace all the ones I spray into the woods!!

• Like 1