Hunting Camo

hchunters

My favorite is what ever is on sale and looks like the kind of garment that will keep me comfortable.

As far as what gives me the best concealment, there is no question that my ghillie suit does that. Unfortunately, I have not figured out a way of shooting my bow while I wear it, but what a great thing for turkey hunting with a gun.

My favorite is what ever is on sale and looks like the kind of garment that will keep me comfortable.

As far as what gives me the best concealment, there is no question that my ghillie suit does that. Unfortunately, I have not figured out a way of shooting my bow while I wear it, but what a great thing for turkey hunting with a gun.

I just moved the ghillie material around the suit so it doesn't get in the way.

They make what I call a full arm  camo sock that I put over the arm of mine and put my arm guard over that. Looks silly but the deer don't notice it when the arrow go's through thier ribs  :D

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Archery/Releases-Release-Aids/Arm-Guards-FingerTabs-Gloves%7C/pc/104791680/c/104693580/sc/104529780/i/103864680/Team-Realtree0174-Arm-Guard/744753.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fhunting-archery-releases-release-aids-arm-guards-fingertabs-gloves%2F_%2FN-1100036%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_103864680%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104791680%253Bcat104693580%253Bcat104529780&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104791680%3Bcat104693580%3Bcat104529780%3Bcat103864680

What are everyones favorite brands of camo?  I know there alot to choose from now, scent block, scent lok, prois for woman, I could go on and on.  I use the realtree AP scent blocker, seems to work real well where I hunt.

For treestand hunting you can't beat predator gray

I also buy whatever is on sale, and SELDOM does my top match my pants or my hat...

Back in the day, there was only WWII, and then Vietnam tigerstripe...

The first brandname that I remember was TREBARK..

Some patterns DO work better than others in certain backgrounds, but the best all around camo has always been IMMOBILITY... With that, even ancient, Carhart type khaki still works pretty well...

Immobility is key

The open broke up stuff destroys your sillohette (Predator, asat, skyline, MM, Kuiu, etc)...the rest is to sell hunters on.

Good camo breaks up youroutline from 5 yards to 500- try that with the vast vast majority out there and you'll get it quick as you look like a black blob in a tree from 75 yards....

I bought my 2nd leafywear last yr..i love this stuff..i noticed a difference right away..i called in a huge tom from 200 plus yds sitting in an open field... got it on video however the guy who shot missed and his wishes were for me not to post it..i respected his wishes..also ive had deer come right at me..even walking casually..its all about breakin up your outline..two thumbs and a pinky up :D

Currently I am down to only 4 articles of camo clothing, My 6 pocket BDU's that I wear on every hunt(Mossy Oak/Break Up); My waterproof gear(Mossy Oak/ Break Up) and my Scent Blocker Archery suit(Realtree)

I do have a Jacket/Pants combo in Timber Ghost someplace, I used to use it just for archery.

My son uses mostly all Realtree

FDXX75

I picked up some Predator Fall Gray for after the leaves come off, and was thoroughly impressed with it this past season. It works great in the snow up against brush too. I am looking to get rid of my old early season Mossy Oak in favor of either Green or Brown Deception, which will work good for spring Turkey too.

Immobility is key

The open broke up stuff destroys your sillohette (Predator, asat, skyline, MM, Kuiu, etc)...the rest is to sell hunters on.

Good camo breaks up youroutline from 5 yards to 500- try that with the vast vast majority out there and you'll get it quick as you look like a black blob in a tree from 75 yards....

Great post (cause it's my opinion as well) ;)

I wouldn't spend a penny on the commercial blob names.

Immobility is key

Great post (cause it's my opinion as well) ;)

I wouldn't spend a penny on the commercial blob names.

Ditto