Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

14 minutes ago, silent death said:

What are u 5 

Again I mentioned in a joke I didn't want to waste a 45$ arrow...then the pile on...

then I explained it's an American made heavy weight combo and it was actually 40$ per

then you guys went off on a broadhead tangent after I schooled you about where your overpriced heads are made

then you proceeded to tell me that blood trails always wash away in any rain but not to worry with a gun...always DRT...but you never hunt the rain?

As usual all the crap stirring comes from guys sitting at the computer...I hunted the morning.

You keep challenging my judgement and my age and insisting you know about stuff you don't...whose 5 junior

Edited by OtiscoPaul

17 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Well here we go. My first shot at a ADK buck and I rushed the shot. Nice 8 point I watched at about 4:30 cut about 80 yards behind my food plot. He disappeared for 10 minutes in a thicket, when he came out i shot. I should have taken an extra second but was excited, there was a slight rain as I shot and after so blood will be hard to track. Took a look around till dark spotting light blood at the point of the shot. Tomorrow will be a long day, wish me luck.

20171030_174519.jpg

Did you find him Codydd7?  Good Luck.

6 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

I guess you missed the part where I said a gunshot that doesn't hit heavy bone especially low cal or slug...low energy transfer 

no. i read that. and i disagree. it is not as significant, but it's still there. I have plenty of real world experiences that confirm it. 

3 minutes ago, silent death said:

But buy your assumptions ..show me where it says rage broadheads are made in China where does it say montecs are made in China no where that's all the point was

I love montecs

Rage sent production to china a few years back now they are paying the price.

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

no. i read that. and i disagree. it is not as significant, but it's still there. I have plenty of real world experiences that confirm it. 

As do I have anecdotal evidence to support my claim...many deer

Edited by OtiscoPaul

I feel like this thread could explode tonight!! Everyone (who doesn't have kids yet like me) should be after that "Halloween buck" tonight.... I have 2 more hours of work left to do here and I'm heading right to my stand.  Anyone else?? Good luck

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

I feel like this thread could explode tonight!! Everyone (who doesn't have kids yet like me) should be after that "Halloween buck" tonight.... I have 2 more hours of work left to do here and I'm heading right to my stand.  Anyone else?? Good luck

I def will be in tonite. Got pics on cam of a good one. Will be in that spot tomorrow as the wind looks better for it, but will be out on in a stand tonite. Deer are moving and getting rutty. Esp after rattling one in this morn. Finaly cool weather

• Like 2

Just looked out back. 5 deer out in the pasture behind our place. They are moving. Should be a good evening sit. 
Well if you move where will you hunt? Sounds like you got plenty of deer in your back yard

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Well if you move where will you hunt? Sounds like you got plenty of deer in your back yard

Lol I don’t hunt at home. I hunt a few farms about 10 mins from me. I’ll still have that plus the new place we are in the process of buying has 15 acres, so I’ll be doing some hunting there next year. 

• Like 4

Lol I don’t hunt at home. I hunt a few farms about 10 mins from me. I’ll still have that plus the new place we are in the process of buying has 15 acres, so I’ll be doing some hunting there next year. 
Thats even better then!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

If you smack heavy bone or spine sure...If you double lung or heart shoot a deer w/o smacking heavy bone particularly with slugs or small caliber rounds they react exactly like a double lung arrowed deer, up to 100 yds dead running.

if you clip a deer outside the vitals or In the guts with a gun you can be in fur the same track job as a miss hit archery deer.

My point is tracking can occur with both and DRT also happens with both.  Obviously I don't bow hunt in heavy rain but to blanket statement that bloodtrailz wash out in rain and guns always drop em in sight is not accurate.

The percentages of a deer dropping right there on a high shoulder shot from a rifle are much higher than a deer that’s double lunged with a bow. The few times I’ve had to track deer that I shot with a gun were when I double lunged them. That’s why I don’t do that anymore. High shoulder and they do t go far. I e had to do some serious tracking from shooting deer with my bow. Even a double lung and top of the heart shot. I just prefer to play the odds. I have no problems filling the freezer. 

17 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The percentages of a deer dropping right there on a high shoulder shot from a rifle are much higher than a deer that’s double lunged with a bow. The few times I’ve had to track deer that I shot with a gun were when I double lunged them. That’s why I don’t do that anymore. High shoulder and they do t go far. I e had to do some serious tracking from shooting deer with my bow. Even a double lung and top of the heart shot. I just prefer to play the odds. I have no problems filling the freezer. 

Again I am not challenging your decision other than to say there are plenty of scenarios where gunshot wounded deer run, need tracked and even get jumped a few times.  

The benefit to carrying a firearm is again obvious but not a guarantee to success in inclement weather...nor is it necessarily the case that even a moderately heavy rain will wash away a blood trail in short order.

Also every season I hear about a gun hunter I know assuming they missed deer because they did not DRT and zero follow up. 

Heard others still tell me it was pointless to track the gutshot deer they hit..."plus man it's raining" and many of us have mercy killed a gunshot hobbled deer.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Dude we get it, you have no issue hunting in the rain. Others do.

I personally like hunting in the rain, as long as it is not a downpour, I see a lot of deer movement when it is raining. I am also pretty damn good at tracking deer. Others don't feel or want to do that.

Back to the thread!

I am dying to get back out. I got to show some presence at work but as soon as I can I'm up a tree. Now just which one. I love hunting Halloween night!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Dude we get it, you have no issue hunting in the rain. Others do.

I personally like hunting in the rain, as long as it is not a downpour, I see a lot of deer movement when it is raining. I am also pretty damn good at tracking deer. Others don't feel or want to do that.

Back to the thread!

I am dying to get back out. I got to show some presence at work but as soon as I can I'm up a tree. Now just which one. I love hunting Halloween night!! 

Sorry man I'm constantly replying to crap people quote me in...

Pretty sure I was one of the few actually posting live from the stand this morning but pick on me not the shit stirrers at their PCs

Edited by OtiscoPaul