Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

27 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Damn it's windy . Sitting in the double chair blind and forgot to bring real stakes. Those little wire stakes are worthless
I have the front of the blind tied to my backpack and my foot trying to hold down one of the sides . I hope I don't end up in the Emerald City with Dorothy and Todo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well if you do ask the wizard for some damn  deer!:wink:

I wasn’t trying to sound like a DB   Just thought if had better pic it might be more appropriate. No harm , no foul. 

Of course not ur cool.... I doubt there are many people who check this site out that would have a problem with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off work until next Monday so I'm in my 8j private spot with the x-bow. Trying to tag the big buck I've had 2 encounters with. Nothing yet. A bit breezy.

Hoping he catches a whiff of the 2 tarsal glands I put out. 5a46fe5ea6ec7791eb31e91136a4d02a.jpg&key=a213842c32700b44f885395cd4c5159625f02930fc92e7e0b1b418a6aaed8cb3

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Anyone else listen to podcasts while they sit? I rarely hear a deer before I see it and listening to something besides the wind keeps me in the stand longer. There is a podcast called "deer university" by some biologists that might be of interest to this group

Anyone else listen to podcasts while they sit? I rarely hear a deer before I see it and listening to something besides the wind keeps me in the stand longer. There is a podcast called "deer university" by some biologists that might be of interest to this group

Opposite for me. No open fields so I usually hear them before I see them.

• Like 2

Hhmmm looks ike that doe wasn' so important after all..suns high..snows melting and no guys  out looking for blood. Perhaps morning to them is 10-2 when they might kick up a buck to shoot...Of hey they have o many doe tags what' a wound lost doe any ways. Perhaps getting in their morning hunt  is more important than tying up other people hunts on their lands to accommodate them.... I wonder...freaking half a tree just dropped infront of blind.. it's a tad indy here!..

• Like 1

Windy again . I'm getting real good at hanging on to this Oak tree. I haven't seen a deer since Saturday morning. Niagara county been getting steady 15to 20 mph winds for 3 days. I'm ready for it to quit. No bucks on my camera ,last one I saw was Friday morning then two doe three fawns at doing about 30 next to the creek behind the house. Something needs to give.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

In 3K again for deercation.  Dad saw a wide 8 pointer about a mile away as he headed to his home from here last night.  I hope he meanders through here between 10 and 2, preferably the sooner the better.  

We have had wind since Friday night, FINALLY the wind is calm as can be, thankful for that.

Good luck everyone, and be safe.

I have a funny feeling about today....

• Like 1