Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Going to leave for the Dr. office. Find out how the shoulder is healing up and when I go back to work. honestly Im 50 and this is the only time I have ever taken off work. Except for deer season. Have not been seeing anything anyway. So after Dr. i have physical therapy at 1:00 then its off to the woods to not see anything again. Losing faith. no feed in the field its all been poisoned by the farmer , so they are not walking my way. I see well worn trails in the woods but no deer. Good luck today folks stay warm and put one in the furnace.

I agree....the old timers in the camp I hunt always want them hung by the back legs....no clue why just always did what I was told.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Because that’s how you’re supposed to hang them. You want the blood to pool down in the neck, not in your hind quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree....the old timers in the camp I hunt always want them hung by the back legs....no clue why just always did what I was told.

My grand grandfather told me that the Indians for rampo where he grew up said it was disrespectful to the animal to hang them by the head. They taught him to to hunt so........ he hung them from the legs, then my dad and now me. Funny how tradition takes hold. A processor told be better to hang by the legs so any contamination doesn't stay on the rumps. Of course skining too and I always to skin it as soon as I hang it. Each to their own

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't often hunt the tower stand, opting to reserve it (and any local deer) for my kids. Not gonna lie, it's pretty cozy, especially on a cold rainy day like today! Maybe a little too cozy! Already polished off my lunch and a "mega" bag of jerky, all before daylight! LOL Still working on my thermos of coffee! Thinking about firing up the heater and kicking my boots off later!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I do believe you are glunting= glamorous hunting like glamping but different. Lol I'm jealous as you can tell. Good for you enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, vizslas said:

Going to leave for the Dr. office. Find out how the shoulder is healing up and when I go back to work. honestly Im 50 and this is the only time I have ever taken off work. Except for deer season. Have not been seeing anything anyway. So after Dr. i have physical therapy at 1:00 then its off to the woods to not see anything again. Losing faith. no feed in the field its all been poisoned by the farmer , so they are not walking my way. I see well worn trails in the woods but no deer. Good luck today folks stay warm and put one in the furnace.

Keep pluggin away.  The difference between a bad day and a good day is about 3 seconds.

• Like 5

Had to cross this raging creek.....thank God I had the ATV or I would have settled for a stand on the other side rather then try to wade across it.....was above the floor boards and felt like it was pushing the ATV sideways a little.....but anyways I am now settled in my blind overlooking this flat above the creek.....com'on deer just need ya to make a guest appearance now!66767bd5f37f07e8b95dad0609d598de.jpg797f855ab2909677d61d11da9ae73197.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, growalot said:

What a complete  waste  of my time...I suppose I have to admit  when I'm just over it..really...

Hang in there Grow, your property always seems to have good deer activity, just a matter of time till you cross paths with the right one. Your worst season can turn into your best season all in a matter of a few minutes! Good Luck!

• Like 1

What a complete  waste  of my time...I suppose I have to admit  when I'm just over it..really...
I'm right there with ya Grow! LOL This is my 5th time out since gun season opened and I just saw my first deer, a lone fawn! Pretty pathetic! LOL

Including bow season, this is hunt #64. I'm just about out of gas (physically and mentally). I think it's getting old for my wife too, with me not being at home much. Not sure how many more hunts I have left in me, but I'm gonna start pumping the breaks a bit. I thought hunting was suppose to be fun? LOL

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Because that’s how you’re supposed to hang them. You want the blood to pool down in the neck, not in your hind quarters.

Half the country hangs them head up as does the biggest processor around here. I dont but thats personal preference

I'm right there with ya Grow! LOL This is my 5th time out since gun season opened and I just saw my first deer, a lone fawn! Pretty pathetic! LOL

Including bow season, this is hunt #64. I'm just about out of gas (physically and mentally). I think it's getting old for my wife too, with me not being at home much. Not sure how many more hunts I have left in me, but I'm gonna start pumping the breaks a bit. I thought hunting was suppose to be fun? LOL

See my above response to Growie. Once the fun is gone, hang it up for the year.

• Like 1