Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well not the biggest but my first bear. I have had the best yet most frustrating season blowing an easy shot on a nice buck to walking and walking more then I ever have. Found a spot I liked today and after 30 minutes this guy came running from my right to left 45 yards away about 10 yards into the thick swamp. I thought he winded me but my wind was good. On second thought before he came running in I heard a twig snap, I believe he was hunting as well. No clean shot but I heard him crash through the swamp and stop. I was so happy to just see the bear I didn' think about my grunt call. I waited a minute and did a fawn call twice and two minutes later he came out about 100 yards away. That was his last mistake. 
Screenshot_20171121-180738.thumb.png.bc9dfc1a9204cb17f72a54268ccfc6ac.png
Nice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

00e680706e40ff1d9be44fa11c652bd9.jpg&key=1c0a7c96d50c7327b12bac7864b1381ca1ed7ba1d575f9c0f4ccdeace625bf61. Great few days hunt. The guy in the middle was at the bottom of the archery hit list and he waited till the the end to show. Fun few days with the shotguns also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice haul!
Interesting - you hang em by the heads. Kind of looks like the old hanging platforms! Not judging (can be a sensitive group at times!?). I was taught to hang by the back legs...more than one way to skin a cat/buck/doe/insert animal here!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Nice haul!
Interesting - you hang em by the heads. Kind of looks like the old hanging platforms! Not judging (can be a sensitive group at times!?). I was taught to hang by the back legs...more than one way to skin a cat/buck/doe/insert animal here!

We used to hang by the heads but Ive found I like to skin and process hanging from the rear legs,, either way nice harvest :)

Well not the biggest but my first bear. I have had the best yet most frustrating season blowing an easy shot on a nice buck to walking and walking more then I ever have. Found a spot I liked today and after 30 minutes this guy came running from my right to left 45 yards away about 10 yards into the thick swamp. I thought he winded me but my wind was good. On second thought before he came running in I heard a twig snap, I believe he was hunting as well. No clean shot but I heard him crash through the swamp and stop. I was so happy to just see the bear I didn' think about my grunt call. I waited a minute and did a fawn call twice and two minutes later he came out about 100 yards away. That was his last mistake. 
Screenshot_20171121-180738.thumb.png.bc9dfc1a9204cb17f72a54268ccfc6ac.png

Too cool! I've only seen one bear in 24 years hunting NY

Raining pretty good in 8F. Suppose to stop ~10am. Opted for the tower stand. Tired of getting everything wet, drying, and slopping through deep water and mud to get to my stands. Why can't a nice buck just step out and take one for the team???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Raining pretty good in 8F. Suppose to stop ~10am. Opted for the tower stand. Tired of getting everything wet, drying, and slopping through deep water and mud to get to my stands. Why can't a nice buck just step out and take one for the team???

Man you deserve one.   You have put a lot of time in the stand this year.   Pulling for you!

• Like 4

I don't often hunt the tower stand, opting to reserve it (and any local deer) for my kids. Not gonna lie, it's pretty cozy, especially on a cold rainy day like today! Maybe a little too cozy! Already polished off my lunch and a "mega" bag of jerky, all before daylight! LOL Still working on my thermos of coffee! Thinking about firing up the heater and kicking my boots off later!

• Like 1

How to tell your morning is probably shot before it begins... you enter the area you plan on hunting in a snow storm...you look down to see a herd of tracks uncovered..going in the opposite direction your going..off your property:mda:

1511351454552-394708622.jpg

1511351585128-1425326611.jpg

Edited by growalot