Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

4 hours ago, Core said:

Ridiculous. 26 and 30 yards. No good shot. They came in the one spot I couldn't shoot st due to brush. 20 min now lola6a2ec10a981a77f6b7250f5758e6db3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after an hour of this I started thinking about taking a shot through the front of that close one but with the shoulder in the way at that angle it was too dubious. Had a buddy who was there try and get them to stand up but, as feared, all they did was sit there until he got close enough and then they both up and bolted. Oh well, it was better than seeing no deer!

3N:

235pm. just got into blind watching acorns. 75 degrees with 88% humidity. Everything very wet so I got in really quietly. I’ll be here till dark. Cams didn’t show much movement by bucks this week. Just a few does moving. Tropical storm coming tonight/tomorrow so hoping A nice buck comes to eat 

Well I figured it was about time daughter had a good luck pocket knife Huntsman edition. I've carried a knife since I was maybe 8/9. Here's our afternoon view Cmon deer 797367b25c3a5b67dd24990189fe603b.jpg60f3c0aa944d59118208435f83191d0f.jpg Had a few day pics at this set up on really warm days. We shall see

• Like 11

Ok I'm going to be blunt here...65, light breeze perfect direction...I'm stewing in the house because Mr B pitched a small ..hhhhmmm attitude...I haven't said a word yet...but he got the message because he's out putting up the deer pole ladder which is a royal PITA for me.So tonight is a slide... any other will not be:aggressive:...Those apples won't last forever...:wink:..I get he'stress,a job to finish (4)in Pittsfield AND another starting in The far southern tier at the same time....driving between both.....I'm about to start the retirement campaign.

Good luck out there guys...I'm headed out to the drive to say thank you....

Temps dropped, thank goodness. Even 10° makes it bearable. Got a new guy coming in on cam.... He's better than the one I've been hoping to see... Super wide 8 and has me confused as to age. Body is kinda skinny and head isn't too big... but he sure has that old buck posture.Who knows. He's big enough to get noticed around here and will be a fine addition to the wall !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't understand the wind this year. Every time I leave the house it's going one way, I get up in a stand and it's going the opposite way. Downwind is gonna get a big whiff of Tinks doe pee as I just spilled half the bottle all over the place.

I'm back over where I saw a big 8 last week. Hoping if he comes out in the field across the road again he will make his way over here before dark this time. About 25 turkeys were in the field when I got here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

08bd86af6e215448432717f5a4d80b51.jpg

Did a little mid-day scouting w/ grampy. Learned quite a bit. Might sit this evening, but by the looks of it, the wife is making other plans.

Good luck to all out, and heading out, especially to the youth!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Way to go Rebel and Grampy for mentoring I always listen when people talk to me and teach me some tips also 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It's getting to be about that head on a swivel time. Temps dropped a little bit to 64. f2aa2990ead218739abe97d41d3d2b30.jpg

A deer will come from her right around 547pm. You heard it here first

• Like 1