Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Oh that silly weatherman saying rain ending at 7am. Its 10:15 and been pouring all F'n morning!!! Doesn't look like it's even thinking about letting up anytime soon either! I hate getting all my stuff wet. Back home to dry out..... AGAIN....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Oh that silly weatherman saying rain ending at 7am. Its 10:15 and been pouring all F'n morning!!! Doesn't look like it's even thinking about letting up anytime soon either! I hate getting all my stuff wet. Back home to dry out..... AGAIN....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Keep at it, it has to pay off sometime,right? That is what I tell myself... And that I get rewarded for letting the six walk yesterday. 

Hopeless optimist here...

• Like 1

What a suck ass sit so far. Rain off and on not heavy but just enough to get everything wet. Saw one yote at 9 too far out. Last couple times tried a distress call. That thing nights we'll be a scatter call! Next time I'll just try a turkey call.

Was prepped to sit all day but at this point shooting the staple gun into my forehead sounds smarter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m scheduled to be off from work on Monday (11/6) and Friday (11/10). Based on the below forecast, do I change Monday to Thurs? Or let it ride?

6de5a2934537fbf448e9698b93e5c2e1.jpg

Aren't you feeling a little unwell?  Take Tuesday through Friday...

I’m scheduled to be off from work on Monday (11/6) and Friday (11/10). Based on the below forecast, do I change Monday to Thurs? Or let it ride?

I'm in the same boat.  Was scheduled to be off all day today and Monday.  Changed that to half days to hunt just the afternoons.  Debating switching Monday to mid-week.  I don't have good enough rain gear for all day rain.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

Aren't you feeling a little unwell?  Take Tuesday through Friday...

Busy season is Nov./Dec. so only allowed 2 days off each of those months. I have called out sick 0 times in my 9+ year professional career.

6de5a2934537fbf448e9698b93e5c2e1.jpg

If you have the flexibility, I would make that change...   Thursday morning should be great with 30 degrees over night

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, t_barb said:

If you have the flexibility, I would make that change...   Thursday morning should be great with 30 degrees over night

Yea. I will wait till sunday afternoon to make final call, but it appears I will go with Thurs/Fri. Of course, this assumes I don't kill 2 nice bucks this weekend in which case I would be done for the year.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

4 hours in no deer. Most exciting part of morning a branch broke and crashed down behind me. Going to dry out make a couple touches to the tower for the son and crossbow in am and get back in a tree in a dif spot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Deff a real nice buck....congrats to Pops!

On a side note love the deer carrier hooked up to the ATV....easiest way to get a deer out of the woods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

pops is getting older and the carts just dont cut it if he's on his own. Bought the rancher this past spring and this is the first time we've bloddied it. Says he still has to figure out the best way to keep the deer secure so his rack and legs dont catch on things and throw him off.

wouldn't it be a nice problem to have? Worrying about your bucks rack catching on things? lol.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea. I will wait till sunday afternoon to make final call, but it appears I will go with Thurs/Fri. Of course, this assumes I don't kill 2 nice bucks this weekend in which case I would be done for the year.

i'm off monday and waiting as well to decide if i can move my day. problem is my calendar is full with "can't miss" shit most all next week.

• Like 1

pops is getting older and the carts just dont cut it if he's on his own. Bought the rancher this past spring and this is the first time we've bloddied it. Says he still has to figure out the best way to keep the deer secure so his rack and legs dont catch on things and throw him off.
wouldn't it be a nice problem to have? Worrying about your bucks rack catching on things? lol.
My dad helped a neighbor haul out a monster 8pt. Last year and that sucker when placed on that hitch hauler lift the front wheels off the ground.....would love that problem!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, silent death said:

Nice..I thought about breaking out the decoy for tomorrow

Have two good sets to use it today and tomorrow but for the first time all season, I have high hopes for this afternoon.  Had to wait for a nice 11pt to leave to set up.  Watched him for 5 min from about 250yds.  Real nice buck.  Hope he is cruising all day.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Have two good sets to use it today and tomorrow but for the first time all season, I have high hopes for this afternoon.  Had to wait for a nice 11pt to leave to set up.  Watched him for 5 min from about 250yds.  Real nice buck.  Hope he is cruising all day.  

Good luck

• Like 1