Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

pouring and fog here...radar shows we have a bit of time before it would be even a little OK to go out...and man those storms last night were bad...It at least rained cats because we found 2 on our porch ripping open a bag of chicken goodies I put out to take down to them this am.  Mr B caught them running around the end of the garage.....Too dad it did ran dogs too :mda:..The country..everyone's dumping grounds, balloons , appliances cats and dogs.

Second this lets up a little I'm out.

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Ahhh I thought you lived in NY...Pa has a really long season ...Good Luck drop a long beard

yup I physically live in ny, , as soon as my verbal commitment i made is done I will be gone and back to pa. 

yes our season is quite long here, my goal number 1 the rest of the week is to try and get dad in range of a good buck, or any legal buck.  He will go if I go with him but that means taking one of my loggy cheap seats and standing on the main stand seat i put the 2nd  stand above him then crawl up the tree into the second stand, saturday he was mumbling something about me being part squirrel lol.  But he saw 2 really nice bucks and seemed to rejuvenate his desire to hunt and that is why he wanted a double ladder stand put up in the same area. he said yesterday he didn't want me crawling up trees just to set a 2nd stand so I could set with him.

• Like 3

I had a doe come from across the creek, which is a roaring river right now, and pause on the bank. Then she just plopped right in and swam across. She had a heck of a time getting back out, I got it on video. The she got out and shook and headed up the trail. I got out and moved my stand for the afternoon, the water was up to my thighs. Had I headed to that other stand in the dark id never have made it anyway the creek is up over the bank and flooded that whole section. I pulled the card from near there and not a single pic in a week

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had a doe come from across the creek, which is a roaring river right now, and pause on the bank. Then she just plopped right in and swam across. She had a heck of a time getting back out, I got it on video. The she got out and shook and headed up the trail. I got out and moved my stand for the afternoon, the water was up to my thighs. Had I headed to that other stand in the dark id never have made it anyway the creek is up over the bank and flooded that whole section. I pulled the card from near there and not a single pic in a week

How'd you make out from the poison Ivy experience?

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Been a couple days, I guess I got away with it? How long does it take?

About one day for me .

I think I'll need to carry some planks in to get across the drainage ditch today .

GeeZe. I am near cover and spent the last hour deciding that at 9 I would move closer as I am just out of range of its edge. Then a doe comes along skirting it. Had I moved when I thought about it I would be done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

About one day for me .

I think I'll need to carry some planks in to get across the drainage ditch today .

The snowmobile bridge I cross the creek on is about six inches above the water line, its about three feet high right now. Im going to have to wear hip waders to get to my climber this afternoon

• Like 1

I cross in two spots , but they are quite a distance apart, the one may be ok but where I want to hunt I think it'll be to,high . Trouble it's a long muddy walk just to,find out .It'll be all but impossible to get a buck up the muddy sides as well .

Warm and wet this am I got into work early to get out later. This rain needs to stop the river is higher and I don't think I will brave driving through that flooded area again to get on the island. Hopefully it comes down by later this week. Might have to canoe lol.

By the way poison ivy usually takes 24-48 hours to start showing up on me after i get in it. If you do get it Tecnu is the best, believe me I've tried it all.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Rain drops
Drop tops

I’ll be out there Thursday & Friday. Hopefully the chasing begins soon

smokin on cookie in the hotbox.

i'll be out tomorrow all day and Wednesday morning. going to kill something! haha.

GeeZe. I am near cover and spent the last hour deciding that at 9 I would move closer as I am just out of range of its edge. Then a doe comes along skirting it. Had I moved when I thought about it I would be done :)

3 minutes ago, Core said:

Again lol